New ASUS Thunderbolt 3 Add-In-Card released for B550(/Z490/B460)!

agent2

Donator
Donator
Hey everybody,

I saw the announcement yesterday that ASUS released a new TB3 AIC which features a very familiar configuration of two mDPs and two TB3 ports, but funnily enough they don't use the normal 5-pin cable to header we usually see on ASRock, Gigabyte and MSI boards.
This thing has a new 13-pin connector/header, which has been seen on the new Z490/B460 (comes bundled with the Maximus XII Extreme) and on the upcoming B550 boards from ASUS. It is literally still the Titan Ridge chipset, but the first one from ASUS which doesn't use Alpine Ridge.
I also noticed there is absolutely no stock of Gigabyte Titan Ridge AICs here in Europe (mine is still on backorder and I don't know if I will ever receive it anytime soon...), so do you guys think that this new AIC from ASUS would be of any use in Hackintoshes (speaking BOTH AMD and Intel here!) and will we be able to flash this puppy like on other ones (e. g. like Gigabyte's)?
I personally am looking forward to some ASUS B550 builds with TB3 enabled in OS X!

PS: I also hope this header also finds it's way onto the next high-end AMD chipset (X570 refresh or X670)!

centraljava

AMD OS X Member
Hey everybody,

I saw the announcement yesterday that ASUS released a new TB3 AIC which features a very familiar configuration of two mDPs and two TB3 ports, but funnily enough they don't use the normal 5-pin cable to header we usually see on ASRock, Gigabyte and MSI boards.
This thing has a new 13-pin connector/header, which has been seen on the new Z490/B460 (comes bundled with the Maximus XII Extreme) and on the upcoming B550 boards from ASUS. It is literally still the Titan Ridge chipset, but the first one from ASUS which doesn't use Alpine Ridge.
I also noticed there is absolutely no stock of Gigabyte Titan Ridge AICs here in Europe (mine is still on backorder and I don't know if I will ever receive it anytime soon...), so do you guys think that this new AIC from ASUS would be of any use in Hackintoshes (speaking BOTH AMD and Intel here!) and will we be able to flash this puppy like on other ones (e. g. like Gigabyte's)?
I personally am looking forward to some ASUS B550 builds with TB3 enabled in OS X!

PS: I also hope this header also finds it's way onto the next high-end AMD chipset (X570 refresh or X670)!
hello,
any update on this?

saw a couple Asus boards with TB3 headers:
B550-EX B550-F

cheers !
:)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.