New AMD OS X tutorial for VMs (QEMU/ProxMox etc.)?

agent2

Donator
Donator
Hey there,
As the community is growing so rapidly as more users adopt Ryzen, there are some people who own Zen 2 Threadrippers and also would like to use OS X.
As there are no native kernel patches out (currently), and the only answer is to run OS X in a Virtual Machine, could you guys post an updated VM tutorial which uses other applications (e. g. QEMU) to run OS X? As other ones support things like Hardware acceleration (VMware doesn't) support it would be of much help to those with their workflow on Threadrippers.

Thanks for your patience and hopefully this will get some attention! :)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

agent2

Donator
Donator

Deleted member 473

AMD OS X Member
maybe also this could be useful ;)

chrinist

AMD OS X Member
Does anyone know, in order for this to work, can you use an Intel Integrated GPU like a 620 or 630 or does it have to be a dedicated GPU like Nvidia or AMD? Thanks

YoNevelt

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
This is a pretty old topic but because my goal is the same, I found it unnecessary to open a new one.
I have spent many days and uncountable hours so far to find the way to get a MacOS to work in Proxmox. My machine is quite meaty (at least till now 😊 ) therefore I wanted to use a bare metal hypervisor to be able to run multiple operating systems... Windows for daily use and MacOS for fun and challenge.
I have 2 NVMe storage cards, the Pro is used for only Windows 11 Pro for Workstations and the Evo+ for Proxmox. When I feel the need of challenge and hours of sitting at the computer, I swap these cards accordingly.
On Proxmox I have successfully managed the GPU isolation, so the 3090 works with Win11 only and the 6800 XT with the Mac VM. PCI passthrough works very well including WiFi, GPUs, USB controllers on Windows therefore my obstruction - I believe - isn't this rather the EFI\OC folder.
My last hope to make this work is this forum as I tried so many solutions which turned out not to be mine just theirs.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@YoNevelt You'd be best jumping on the Discord server and speaking to Pavo. If I recall he's run both a Proxmox system and UnRaid in the past.

YoNevelt

AMD OS X Member
@YoNevelt You'd be best jumping on the Discord server and speaking to Pavo. If I recall he's run both a Proxmox system and UnRaid in the past.
Thank you, I try to reach him and also posted in the relevant group. I hope my voice will be heard :)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.