Need some help with installing on 970A-G43

Abnertron

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I was instructed to move the thread here from general.
I'm having some issues with getting my usb to boot, I was getting help from another user under the handle RyzenPro.
I've gathered all the files directly from the dortania guide and followed the directions. Downloaded the OpenCore 0.6.0Debug and used the sample.plist to create the config.plist.
RyzenPro mentioned I was using the incorrect file so I made some suggested adjustments and I'm still getting stuck. I am getting stuck at Driver HFSPlus.efi is at 0 is being loaded. I haven't yet tried to replace the file but I will later today, I wanted to create this new thread in case other users have suggestions and to record my progress.
I am attaching the config.plist file I am currently using as well in case anyone is curious.

9-04-2020 Update:
I've managed to get the USB to boot by swapping the HfsPlus.efi withHfsPlusLegacy.efi. Progress! The only issue now is the install halting at " Initialized /dev/rdisk6 as 10 MB case-insensitive HFS Plus Volume"

Attachments

• opencore-2020-08-29-102649.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • config.plist
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Abnertron

AMD OS X Member
Update:
Unplugged SSDs from motherboard and plugged SSD boot drive with Sata to USB to a USB 2.0 connection.
After some time I was able to get USB to boot to MacOS installer and started Formatting the SSD as APFS with 10.15.6 recovery. 🤞🏽Hoping this works, will get back to you all with more details Post-Install.

Abnertron

AMD OS X Member
Catalina installed! Just need to workout some kinks, USB not working correctly and EFI moved over to SSD to boot directly off drive successfully.
iServices still needs to be configured a working GenSMBios.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.