Need some help with installing on 970A-G43

Abnertron

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping I can get some help with my install, I'm really new at OpenCore and have only used Clover before to install OS X on my desktop before, I've followed the directions using the dortania OpenCore guide and used the sanity checker to verify my config.plist.
I've been getting stuck at watchdog status is 0. I have the OpenCore debug log ass well but I'm not sure what to make of it.

*Edit: Forgot to mention I'm stying to install 10.15.6 using OpenCore 0.6.0

My hardware:

• Kingston 120GB A400 SA400S37/120G SSD
• Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM SSD
• AMD FX-6300
• MSI 970A-G43
• Gigabyte Radeon RX 560
• Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
• Cooler Master RS-500-PCAR

Does anyone know what I may be doing incorrectly? I thought I was reading the instructions correctly but now I'm not so sure.
I've attached screenshots and log files of what I am seeing along with my current config.plist. Hopefully someone can point me to right direction on getting this started!

Attachments

• SanityCheck1.png
    SanityCheck1.png
    238.8 KB · Views: 5
  • SanityCheck2.png
    SanityCheck2.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 5
  • SanityCheck3.png
    SanityCheck3.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 5
  • SanityCheck4.png
    SanityCheck4.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 7
  • watchdog status is 0.png
    watchdog status is 0.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • opencore-2020-08-27-105940.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • config.plist
    40 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

RyzenPro

AMD OS X Member
It seems you don't meet the number of config lines and types under Output and Protocol Overrides
You should have exact number of lines and types of configuration in those criteria

I assume you're using config.plist template from different OpenCore version (looks likely 0.5.4 or 0.5.5)
You might wanna build from 0.6.0 sample.plist (can found in DOCS directory of the release or debug)

Watchdog is very sensitive about this

2020-08-28_15-18-11.jpg

Last edited:

Abnertron

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the reply RyzenPro!
I'll be sure to double check my config.plist, I did grab the sample.plist from the 0.6.0 debug but I'll check it out anyway. Going over my config and the screenshots that you supplied and the list from sanity check should I assume I need to delete the UgaPassThroughin inside of Output and delete the AppleUserInterfaceTheme from ProtocolOverrides?

RyzenPro

AMD OS X Member
should I assume I need to delete the UgaPassThroughin inside of Output and delete the AppleUserInterfaceTheme from ProtocolOverrides?

Yes you should

Abnertron

AMD OS X Member
Thanks RyzenPro,

I deleted the entries in my config file but I'm still running into same issue, I've looked through my error log and it looks like I'm getting stuck at loading myHfsPlus.efi

RyzenPro

AMD OS X Member
Send me your OC log file

Abnertron

AMD OS X Member
Here you go, this is the latest log

Attachments

• opencore-2020-08-29-102649.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1

RyzenPro

AMD OS X Member
Last edited:

agent2

Donator
Donator
Would you be so kind as to locate this thread in the Subforum Installation > Catalina? This Forum must be kept orderly somehow.
Thanks!

MarkJohnson

AMD OS X Member
Any progress? I have the same system, except I have a GTX 1650 card. I may need to find a budget AMD card. any suggestions?

I am going to attempt this from Window 10.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.