Need help with these specs for a RYZENTOSH

Slicktune

New member
Sep 13, 2020
1
0
1
So I've been looking through Google/forums/reddit for 2years now trying to build a hackintosh/Ryzentosh but never found anything concrete there's always mixed facts about if this piece works and if it doesn't and if like if anyone can help me at least confirm if these parts work, I would really appreciate it, thanks in advance and apologies in advance.

PS: This build if possible is intended to be used as a work station for use with Fl Studio with Waves plugins/Omnisphere and Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop/Premiere
I have:
3950x

X570 Taichi

5700xt Nitro Sapphire

64GB of Ram Vengance Pro RGB 3200

NZXT X63

SAMSUNG NVME M.2 SSD 970 1TB

SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 500GB

SAMSUNG SSD NVME 960 256GB
 

Aluveitie

Active member
May 2, 2020
371
82
28
If you don't need it now I'd just wait for October since AMD will release both Zen 3 CPUs and RDNA 2 GPUs.
 

funfish

New member
Sep 14, 2020
3
0
1
If you don't need it now I'd just wait for October since AMD will release both Zen 3 CPUs and RDNA 2 GPUs.
I'm also debating about getting a similar setup or waiting for Zen 3 and Big Navi but I'm worried about compatibility issues. I read Big Navi shouldn't be an issue because supports were found in Apple's code. No clue about Zen 3.
Though my question is how long would it take until someone can have a fully functional hackintosh running zen 3 and big navi? I'm guessing it'd take at the very least a couple of month after you can get your hand on these new piece of hardware? I'm hope I'm wrong...
If you have good news for me I'm all ears 😁
 

Aluveitie

Active member
May 2, 2020
371
82
28
Hard to say, but I’d assume you would at least know very quickly if it does not work out of the box as soon as the hardware gets available.
The CPU is less relevant in this case (the 17h patches work the same for Zen, Zen+ and Zen 2). The big difference is in the chipset, so chances are high that a Zen 3 should work on X570 or B550.

Regarding RDNA2 it is less clear, worst case you’d have to wait until Apple releases something using it. But you could still get an 5000 series cheaper than now.
 

funfish

New member
Sep 14, 2020
3
0
1
Yeah hopefully it's going to be the case. And I guess the right move is to wait regardless because of the almost certain price drop of zen 2 and RDNA gpu products in a couple weeks.
Exciting weeks ahead!