Need help with 11.5.1 to 11.6.1

pancheesy4sheezy

AMD OS X Member
Hey everyone,

I haven't been using my AMD Ryzentosh for some time now because it was my main work machine especially with the whole distance working thing and now that I do have some time to spare, I definitely want to try to get it up and running again.

Sadly, for some reason, the OS does NOT boot up anymore and I never tinkered with it before it took a turn for the worst, but I figured a fresh new install wouldn't hurt. I have my EFI and apparently, the edits I tried to make for OC 0.7.5 were not up to par. Anyone mind guiding me on what to edit or do?

Ryzen 5 3600X
Aorus x570 elite
Gigabyte 5700 XT

Here is my last working EFI folder just for reference! Thank you!

Attachments

• X570 Elite 064 EFI (CURRENT WORKING BIG SUR 11.1 12:18:20.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
did you by chance make sure your bios settings didn't change? I had put one of my hacks in my storage closet and the cmos battery died which wiped out necessary bios settings causing it to not boot anymore.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Here you go, updated to OC 0.7.5 and kexts and kernel patches updated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 19

pancheesy4sheezy

AMD OS X Member
Hello Shane! I threw it in my USB stick, but it's still hanging on the Apple logo sadly. Still no luck. I wonder if it's the bootable USB that is the issue?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try with this config. I've enabled verbose to see where it hangs.

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.3 KB · Views: 3

pancheesy4sheezy

AMD OS X Member
Sadly Shaneee, still no luck. It hangs on the Apple logo after selecting installation icon in OC.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
When you get to the boot picker choose the Clear NVRAM option and then boot. If the option isn't there press the space bar and it should appear.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

pancheesy4sheezy

AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It does sound like a corrupt installer yes. Are you using the Dortania guide to make the USB?

pancheesy4sheezy

AMD OS X Member
It does sound like a corrupt installer yes. Are you using the Dortania guide to make the USB?
Followed the guide properly, took my time, let the progress complete, and still no good. i did it with 2 different Installer.apps, no good :(

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen a few users now having issues making the USB on Windows. You could grab a VM and run createinstallmedia as if were a real Mac you were making a USB for. If you use VirtualBox it can spoof an Intel CPU to run macOS "natively" thus allowing you to make the USB.

pancheesy4sheezy

AMD OS X Member
I've seen a few users now having issues making the USB on Windows. You could grab a VM and run createinstallmedia as if were a real Mac you were making a USB for. If you use VirtualBox it can spoof an Intel CPU to run macOS "natively" thus allowing you to make the USB.
I think that's the worst part: I'm doing this on my M1 MBP. I thought it might've been a corrupt installer, but I don't know what's happening. I'm confident I'm doing everything right. Tried with 4 different USB drives with your updated EFI folder as well, no luck.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

pancheesy4sheezy

AMD OS X Member
Ohh did you download Monterey from the App Store then? M1 has a different version if I recall. Try downloading this, http://swcdn.apple.com/content/down...dlmlvqdu7n2k4gj8roqmcysu/InstallAssistant.pkg
Run the pkg and it'll add the 11.6.1 installer app to your Applications folder.
Are you telling me that this could've been the issue the entire time? I'm downloading an M1 version of the OS?

If this is the case, I am INCREDIBLY embarrassed. Gonna try that out. Thanks for being patient with me Shane!

update: still hanging on the same issue :(

update #2: I have a stupid idea but cannot try right now. @Shaneee, do you think I can install Big Sur on my SDD for my Hackintosh through a "SATA to USB" cord (I have one), through the installation App on my MBP, throw the SSD back on my desktop Hackintosh, then boot it using OC to access it?

Last edited:

pancheesy4sheezy

AMD OS X Member
Legit don't know what I am doing wrong and am at a lost.

Created a Bootable USB via Windows with the Dortania guide + Shaneee's reconfig of my EFI and still no luck. Hanging on the Apple Logo after booting OC fine.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen some users face issues with the USB made in Windows. Like I said though, if you download the pkg for "Intel" that I've linked then run createinstallmedia with that and add the EFI it should work.

pancheesy4sheezy

AMD OS X Member
I've seen some users face issues with the USB made in Windows. Like I said though, if you download the pkg for "Intel" that I've linked then run createinstallmedia with that and add the EFI it should work.
Will test it again today. I tried the Intel pkg, but Round 600, here we go baby.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.