Need help with 11.5.1 to 11.6.1

Hey everyone,

I haven't been using my AMD Ryzentosh for some time now because it was my main work machine especially with the whole distance working thing and now that I do have some time to spare, I definitely want to try to get it up and running again.

Sadly, for some reason, the OS does NOT boot up anymore and I never tinkered with it before it took a turn for the worst, but I figured a fresh new install wouldn't hurt. I have my EFI and apparently, the edits I tried to make for OC 0.7.5 were not up to par. Anyone mind guiding me on what to edit or do?

AMD Ryzen 3500x
Radeon 5500 XT
Aorus 570x Elite

Here is my last working EFI folder just for reference! Thank you!

Attachments

• X570 Elite 064 EFI (CURRENT WORKING BIG SUR 11.1 12:18:20.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

dedwards77

did you by chance make sure your bios settings didn't change? I had put one of my hacks in my storage closet and the cmos battery died which wiped out necessary bios settings causing it to not boot anymore.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Here you go, updated to OC 0.7.5 and kexts and kernel patches updated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
Hello Shane! I threw it in my USB stick, but it's still hanging on the Apple logo sadly. Still no luck. I wonder if it's the bootable USB that is the issue?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try with this config. I've enabled verbose to see where it hangs.

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.3 KB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
When you get to the boot picker choose the Clear NVRAM option and then boot. If the option isn't there press the space bar and it should appear.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It does sound like a corrupt installer yes. Are you using the Dortania guide to make the USB?

Top Bottom