Nearly there - Video issues…

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
Opencore 0.6.0 build using:
Asrock X570 Taichi/latest BIOS (3.2 IIRC)
3900X
2xSabrent PCIe 4 1TB SSDs
64GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4@3200MHz
Sapphire Radeon VII
Corsair RM850X PSU
Corsair 570X RGB Case

Mostly working very well, but I have:
  • persistent stutter, audio sync and freezing issues on video playback/display - everything from iPlayer to Logitech HD Webcam on Zoom.
  • video stops/breaks up completely when I launch another app
  • the usual sleep & iMessage/Facetime authentication issues - trying to get to the bottom of those

Any suggestions from similar experience? BTW, I'm not sure if the X570 Taichi has an option anywhere to switch off serial port (presumably the PS/2 port) - nothing visible in the UEFI.

thanks!

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Check if you can set the PCIe generation from 4/Auto to 3. No guarantees, but often helps with general weirdness and is easy enough to try.

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
Check if you can set the PCIe generation from 4/Auto to 3. No guarantees, but often helps with general weirdness and is easy enough to try.

I can, and I did. So far, so good - no video glitching since, although for some reason performance on BlackMagic 8K RAW is down a lot. But that shouldn't be the cause, as the Radeon VII is a Gen 3 device anyway. AFAIK, the Asrock UEFI only affects the PCIe 16x slot, not the internal M.2 Gen 4 slots (I have Gen 4 SSDs). So thanks muchly - that appears to be one major part of the problems solved!

cheers…

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
False alarm: it appears that hardware acceleration isn't working: I have agdpmod=pikera shikigva=128 in my boot-args, but nothing happening. So what to try now?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.