My quest to get HDMI sound working on my rx5500 xt 4GB video card.

henkiew

AMD OS X Member
Opencore 5.9 Gigabyte rx5500 xt ryzen 3700 gigabyte aorus x570 ITX motherboard.

With the ./gfxutil -f HDEF command I found this;

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x4
So with the hackintool I made a patch for my config.plist that looks like this;

Dictionary.png

I chose the layout id 7 from Ioregistryexplorer
Tried 1, but no luck. It showed as alc-layout-id
When I look in IO registryexplorer I get this;

lOServiceAppleACPIPlatformExerCl3I0.png

I have sound coming from al other devices (USB end Realtek outputs)

Overview.png

Is there anybody with some sound ;-) advice to make this thing work like it should?

The second problem is that after every reboot there is random 80% change I get a BSOD.

Kind regards,
Henk

Attachments

• lOServiceAppleACPIPlatformExerCl3I0.png
    lOServiceAppleACPIPlatformExerCl3I0.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 6
  • config.plist
    38.2 KB · Views: 4

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have a Sapphire RX 5500 on the ASRock X570 ITX and audio over DisplayPort (directly or looped through USB-C) was working oob. I’m using MacPro7,1 though.

rajovo

AMD OS X Member
I'm getting HDMI sound from my RX 580 but not always - meaning the audio output device is sometimes just not there. I have yet to find a rhyme or reason to why is this happening.

rawtoast

AMD OS X Member
Looking at your plist, you don't have alcid set. As you are also on an X570 ITX board, I would assume you need to use alcid=7 to boot-args.

I believe most X570 boards are similar, so if you want to try getting your BT chip working too take a look at the EFI on my github. I've not bothered trying the rear ports though, as I always use HDMI or BT. You can also remove the reference to ApfsDriverLoader.efi since you're on 0.59.

It also looks like you forgot to add a MAC address, but I had no issues when I forgot to do so!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.