My first Hackintosh-Saved almost 5K in hardware.

Tim

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,
I am new to this site and a long time Mac user since spending 3K for my Mac Plus in 1988. I have a son-in-law who assisted on the component selection and build side of the process. I just completed my hardware purchase and build. I have 3 internal hard drives with my build where the one TB SSD is now loaded with Windows 10. I plan to load Mac OS Catalina on the 2TB internal SSD later today.

I will share more details on this process in a later post.
Take care,
Tim

Hackintosh Compare costs.png

Click Here for a link to my detailed hardware items.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Reactions: Tim

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Looks great! I replaced a 2011 mac mini that was on its last legs with a Ryzen 7 3700X system and a beefy RX5700 graphics card. I had actually explored getting a new mini with an external gpu but the economics just isn't there with Apple these days. Old eight generation chips even with the 'new' (ahem) refreshed mini, extortionate prices for storage and ram and then I'd still have to get that egpu housing (300 euros) and the card (another 400).

Now that I have it up and running it has been rock solid and I have the benefit of easy upgrades of hardware and easy booting to Windows for a spot of gaming.

Reactions: Tim

Tim

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Tim

Nice build, I've got the same Mainboard. I uploaded most of my findings here: https://github.com/aluveitie/RyzenMacPro
If you run into issues/have questions here's my build thread: https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php...0-itx-tb3-sapphire-rx-5500-pulse-catalina.19/.

Have fun :)
Thank you for your build links. I will definitely review them since my boot disk is experiencing errors.

I was able to fix the first boot disk error which was listed in the github troubleshooting guide. "OC: Configuration requires vault but no vault provided!". I changed my Vault setting in my config.plist under Misc -> Security -> Vault by setting it from "Secure" to "Optional".

Now my boot disk errors are:
**** OC: Setting NVRAM 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:rtc-blacklist - Not Found
**** OC: Driver FwRuntimeServices.efi at 3 cannot be started - Already Started! Halting on critical error

I will report back my progress as I find solutions. Any tips are appreciated.

UPDATE: I found a solution for the NVRAM issue here. Correcting this one issue apparently just fixed the Driver FwRuntimeServices.efi at 3 issue as well. WOOHOO!!

NEW boot up disk issue is as follows:
**** OCABC: Incompatible OpenRuntime r3, require r10. Halting on critical error.
I will report back my progress as I find solutions. Any tips are appreciated.

Take care,
Tim

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The first one can be ignored, I think OpenCore 0.5.9 will fix that warning. FwRuntimeServices.efi has been renamed to OpenRuntime.efi, check that you don't have both, and the right one for your OpenCore version (0.5.8 should be used with the matching OpenRuntime).

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.