cp007

AMD OS X Member
Build:
Ryzen 7 3800X
MSI x570-A PRO
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT
16GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series CL17
256gb m.2 Kingston SSD (MacOS Drive)
500GB Kingston SSD M.2 NVMe A2000 (Windows Drive)

MB Bios: Default settings (XCHI Hand-off : enabled, Above 4G decoding enabled),

macOS Catalina 10.15.4 ImacPro(2017). Display LG 27 inch 144 Hz, colour profile+Airplay display in my home Theatre system Color profile sRGB IEC61966-2,1

What's Working:
Literally everything
Ethernet
All USB 2.0 & 3.1 Ports
GPU
Freesync
Air-play
OC boot menu from macOS disk for selecting Windows or MacOS
iCloud
Siri
Facetime
Calls from my iPhone or iPad
Appstore
….

SMBIOS:
MacPro7,1

ACPI: SSDT-USBX.aml -prebuilt one for this system HW config as per guides
Drivers: ApfsDriverLoader, HfsPlus, OpenRuntime
KEXTs: VirtualSMC,RealtekRTL8111,Lilu (whatever-green during install only)

Cynebench: 5080 (no BIos overclock for CPU, using stock frequency)
Geekbanch5: Single Core 1302, Multicore 8418, Metal 51454, CL 40414

Known Issues:

Kext for KEXT for Onboard Audio not loaded- as using Platronics headset via USB
Hibernation switched off, - for time being no KEXTs added above minimal ones listed above.

Notes:

After no success with others similar HW based config modifications followed the install guide step by step with clean install,
-had many failed attempts creating USB stick when trying to installing a working boot system to the USB, failing to create USB the would start the boot process to AMD System. Finally all went smooth when using OC 5.7 with Catarina 10.15.4 full install from download list -this one has been released before OC 5.7 release date (can it be that something was not supposed in newer OS releases not available when OC 5,7 was released?-or who knows).
-using Mac Pro.7.1 in plist
-scan policy 0 to be able to see boot drives
-generated UUID via online page— to avoid reuse of existing one.
-Used snapshots function on OC folder in plist editor to match current HW and later on the OC clean menu to insert changes done during install in KEXTs to the config.plist making easy to play with different KEXTs
-used online tool for checking plist consistency and errors
-had to use boot-args v —pikera -keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 to get through the boot and install with whatever-green.
Had to force restart once during install as got grey screen (maybe was not waiting enough)
After install WhateverGreen, had to be removed as it was causing lags/GPU related performance issues .
Post install steps followed to move EFI from USB stick.
System is now stable- no crashes or any other issues while using it (see comment on sleep).
Using for work from home all the day -office apps, videoconferencing , screen sharing connecting to internal and office networks w/o any issues -completely smooth and functional,

cp007

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your sharing. I have a question that did you ever encounter this problem https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php...als-when-booting-or-waking-up-from-sleep.184/ ?

Not like this. It was rather with having to switch off and on again after not comming back from sleep (no reaction on keyboard or mouse movements). But as I have only basic Kexts-and most likely I would need to add some for proper power management - I was not bothering with this further, just disabled the sleep for time being

onkz

AMD OS X Member
Hey there! Can you please post your EFI folder? I have the same setup as you! Thanks in advance :)

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.