MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk with Thunderbolt 3?

agent2

Donator
Donator
Hey there,

I was looking through the specs of the newly released MSI X570 Tomahawk motherboard and noticed it has a 5-pin TB3 header with an Intel RTD3 header. In the manual of it it said TB3 would only work with RTD3. Does anybody know what that means?
I really think this motherboard has the potential to be the new budget TB3 Ryzentosh king, if MSI's mobos aren't to clunky with it's TB implementation. The feature-set (USB, 2,5Gb LAN etc.), VRMs and Daisy Chain Topology are absolutely going blow the low-cost ASRock boards (bad TB3, T-Topology) away at this rate.
If someone has or will get the chance to test this board with TB3, I would greatly appreciate that!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

agent2

Donator
Donator
There's a thread about TB3 on the old forum here, https://amd-osx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9645
Thank you @Shanee, I've even posted about my TB3 enquiries in that thread, but nobody has really provided any insight to other Thunderbolt options auch as Gigabyte (e. g. Rev. 1.1 boards having TB header), the main contributors @CaseySJ and @iGPU haven't really said much in the last months. That thread has had a hard time getting back to the topic about Thunderbolt on the X570 Creator as there haven't been regular updates.
But I hope the situation improves!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.