MSI Board Cant Upgrade to Monterey

liveig105

AMD OS X Member
So i successufully install Big Sur 11.6.2 with opencore 0.7.6, but when i update to Monterey I always got stuck at forbidden sign (previous error is Lilu dev: @ found dead pci device GFX0)

My system:
CPU : 5600x
Mobo : MSI B550 a-pro latest bios
VGA : radeon 5600xt

Already make USB Map for my motherboard

And I attach my EFI, thak you

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 16

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It's not going to work I'm afraid. Some MSI boards can use an older BIOS to get Monterey working but as you've got a 5000 series CPU that's not an option.

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
Yes its very disappointing that all of us who purchased MSI got the s@!t end of the stick. I was able to downgrade my bios but will never have the option for a newer gen cpu, buying a different mobo is not acceptable. I hope there will be a fix, I wonder if anyone knows why MSI boards are the culprit?

misterrm

AMD OS X Member
I recommend you to switch to Asus or Gigabyte motherboard. I had X570A-PRO and just bought X570 Aorus master. Much faster boot time and much more helpful info / ready EFI folders to download from internet.

MSI stinks.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I've heard that Russian hackers have modified the original BIOS to install Monterey properly

Do you have a link to this source?

Rene Munro

AMD OS X Member
Downgrading Bios to v12 Version wrked for me after spending 2 days trying to boot into monterey. Now everything works well so far.
Msi b550 Gaming plus, ryzen 5 3600, msi rx 6600xt gaming x.

What works
Bluetooth
Netflix
Lan
Sleep

Geekbench shows typical scores
I like!

No wifi onboard

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.