MSI B550 motherboard, any news?

chrollo616

AMD OS X Member
Hy guys!

Specs:
MSI B550-A PRO (BIOS version: 7C56vA6 2021-05-17)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
AMD Radeon RX 580

I have a working installation of 11.4 BigSur and I've spent a lot of time trying to update to 12.2.1 Monterey before finding out that there's a problem with MSI B550 boards...

Have any of you been able to install any version of Monterey to an MSI B550 board?
Is there any news regarding this issue?

Thanks.

Last edited:

John29

AMD OS X Member
I up this post as I am on the same situation...
The only way at the moment is to downgrade the bios version to one of the oldest ... tried once but I got my WIN11 system corrupted right after the downgrade.

John29

AMD OS X Member
UP ?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I don't know of anyone working on that. It was looked into for some time by the devs but no solution was found.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Have you guys tried adding MCEAppleReporterDisabler.kext to your builds? That should (normally) get you past the Monterey boot on Ryzen setups.
If not then enabling AppleXcpmCfgLock and AppleXcpmExtraMsrs also may help in some circumstances.
Also try enabling AdviseWindows and/or ProvideCurrentCPUInfo. And adding 3842 to the ProcessorType.
And if that still fails, try adding cpus=1 as a boot-arg.

dmls

AMD OS X Member
Have you guys tried adding MCEAppleReporterDisabler.kext to your builds? That should (normally) get you past the Monterey boot on Ryzen setups.
If not then enabling AppleXcpmCfgLock and AppleXcpmExtraMsrs also may help in some circumstances.
Also try enabling AdviseWindows and/or ProvideCurrentCPUInfo. And adding 3842 to the ProcessorType.
And if that still fails, try adding cpus=1 as a boot-arg.
I tried that CPUs = 1 doesn't work

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

apriliars3

AMD OS X Member
I have MSI B550 Tomahawk and can´t update to Monterey. All the time that I try update not work.

I added kext MCEAppleReporterDisabler.kext but not solve the problem. Only understant it be issue my bios update to version with problems, and I need downgrade to the first bios older.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.