Mouse cursor lag after wake from sleep

Kuma83

AMD OS X Member
Hello.

I am facing the lag of mouse cursor only occurred after wake from sleep.
The lag happened when the mouse cursor icon changes.
I have tried several configurations and now I am using:

BIOS Settings: Disable CSM, Disable Above 4G decoding
boot-args: keepsyms=1 npci=0x2000 alcid=1 shikigva=16 agdpmod=pikera -hbfx-disable-patch-pci
kext: Disable whatevergreen.kext

This setting minimize the lag, but still exits.

Does anyone face this kind of issue?

Best regards

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hard to say because for most Sleep doesn't work at all. Can you try unplugging the mouse and plug it back in too see if the issue is still present.

Kuma83

AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee
Thank you for your reply.
Actually, I am using Magic Trackpad 2.
I have also tried connecting either USB or Bluetooth.
There is no difference between them.

When I move a cursor on the area which has nothing requires to switch icon, it move smooth as usual.
But a cursor moves onto some object, a banner on an website, for example, it stacks.

Anyway, thank you.

barrrrt

AMD OS X Member
Cant help you, cause sleep isn't working on my side... so.. if I can ask you a question instead... What are your settings, so that sleep is working? Did you disable one Controller?

Kuma83

AMD OS X Member
Cant help you, cause sleep isn't working on my side... so.. if I can ask you a question instead... What are your settings, so that sleep is working? Did you disable one Controller?

Hi.
I have applied these settings below:
  1. Create USB port setting files, which are renaming XHC0->XHC2, XHC1->XHCI, GP13->XHC3, and USBPort.kext for selecting 15 USB ports.
  2. Use HibernationFixup.kext with boot-args: -hbfx-disable-patch-pci
These links are really helping me a lot.

In my case, I don't have to disable one controller for USB port setting but disable two physical USB ports. Each port has both USB2 and USB3 ports. As a result, I have removed four USB ports from SSDT setting and kext.

I still have an issue for fixing sleep. When I connect a USB hub uses both USB2 and USB3 ports (Dell U2719QM display's USB hub), the machine does not sleep.
But simply connecting a keyboard, a mouse, phones sleep works so far.

I hope this advise helps you.

barrrrt

AMD OS X Member
Hi. Thanks for your reply so far.

Your answer helps, but what ports did you disable? And how did you know exactly that you just had to disable that ports?
Where they all part of one Controller?

On my side it looks like this now.
1590477483614.png

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Kuma83 The USB Hub in my display does not seem to block sleep, but since I'm using only one USB-C cable the hub is limited to USB 2 due to limited bandwith. If you don't need USB 3 on the Hub you could disabling USB 3 on that particular port and try if the HUB would behave better with USB 2 only.

Kuma83

AMD OS X Member
@Kuma83 The USB Hub in my display does not seem to block sleep, but since I'm using only one USB-C cable the hub is limited to USB 2 due to limited bandwith. If you don't need USB 3 on the Hub you could disabling USB 3 on that particular port and try if the HUB would behave better with USB 2 only.

@Aluveitie
Thank you for your reply and your README of GitHub. It helps me to understand a lot.
As you suggest, I did disable USB3 once and it prevent not to sleep with connecting USB Hub.

For now, I have a mouse cursor issue after waking up from sleep, so I am disabling sleep on RAM.
Could you tell me whether you have similar issue or not?

Thank you.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Nope, I never had any issues with mouse cursor. Maybe because I'm using a bluetooth mouse (magic mouse)

Kuma83

AMD OS X Member
Hi. Thanks for your reply so far.

Your answer helps, but what ports did you disable? And how did you know exactly that you just had to disable that ports?
Where they all part of one Controller?

On my side it looks like this now.
View attachment 338

@barrrrt

Hi.
First, you should disable all DSDTs and Kexts which modify USB port setting.
Second, set XhciPortLimit true(YES) of your config.plist.
After that, please open Hackintool, you should be able to see all possible ports.
As several USB port mapping guide suggests, plug in USB devices for every possible USB ports your machine have.
Hackintool detects connections.
To detect both USB2 and USB3, I have used USB Hub uses both of them.

You should know which ports are actually connecting to your motherboard.
Probably, detected ports are more than 15, so you can decide which port you are not going to use.

Kuma83

AMD OS X Member
Nope, I never had any issues with mouse cursor. Maybe because I'm using a bluetooth mouse (magic mouse)

I have had the issue even though I have connected Magic Trackpad2 via bluetooth.
It seems not to be a mouse issue but GPU.

Virgo

AMD OS X Member
IMHO many users have a problem, but they do not see it.
I have same problem, but without sleep.

choyzun

AMD OS X Member
This happened to my ryzentosh when i was using SMCAMDProcessor.kext. if you are using it, try to remove it and see if you still have the mouse lag after sleep.

Kuma83

AMD OS X Member
This happened to my ryzentosh when i was using SMCAMDProcessor.kext. if you are using it, try to remove it and see if you still have the mouse lag after sleep.

@choyzun
Thank you for your reply.
Your solution works for me.
After I have disabled these two kexts below:
SMCAMDProcessor.kext
AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext
the mouse lag has completely gone.

I appreciate your help.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.