Monterey on AMD FX-6300 hackintosh: 2 issues

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
1. Unable to update to Monterey 12.1 betax from 12.0: It's Macintosh HD always got reboot loop. The only solution is got updated Macintosh HD from other hackintoshs, then it can reboot 3 times successfully to newer version.
[Solved] Please see my post later dated on 2021-11-22.
2. In OpenCore 0.7.3 to 0.7.5 if ProvideCurrentCpuInfo Quirk was enabled it always got KP with red screen. Any fix or solution ? I must apply many extra old kernel patches to boot successfully now.

Attachments

• config.plist
    76.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
i think so, but when i inject voodooHDA on montery can boot without any issue, maybe i will try voodoo injections first to boot bigsur or lower,

here’s my spec

• amd fx 8150
  • gigabyte Ga-78LMT-Usb3
  • radeon 7850 2gb
FX-8150 has 8-cores instead of 6-cores for FX-6300.
You need edit 3 kernel patches for that.

cupecups

AMD OS X Member
sure, already change to 08 for 8core

The kernel patch was correct even with these errors of "not found" that mean at Big Sur you can disable these kernel patches.
Your panic was due to VoodooHDA.kext which is located at /Kernel/Add
You need disable this kext to boot and get audio solution later.
Please show your hardware signature if you need more help.

FX-8150 has 8-cores instead of 6-cores for FX-6300.
You need edit 3 kernel patches for that.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

cupecups

AMD OS X Member
@cupecups have a look at this Successful build using an FX8350/Sabertooth 990FX - https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php...0-oc-0-7-6-big-sur-11-6-2-monterey-12-1.2400/

It might be more suited to your needs, it runs both Big Sur and Monterey. The later should work better with your AMD dGPU.
yes, the kernel patch amd-osx vanilla can handle osx 10.14 until lasted version, but need enable ProvideCPUInfo on quirk, for legacy mobo don’t allow to enable ProvideCPUInfo will get x64 exception error bios, the @jsl2020 make kernel patch work with legacy mobo or bios and no need enable ProvideCPUInfo

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.