Monterey black screen

blakaze

AMD OS X Member
I installed Monterey, OS worked until I restarted system now display goes blank mid loading into OS( it occasionally shows cursor for

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Providing a copy of the EFI folder you are using, would be more helpful than the image above. We don't know what you are using to boot your system. It could be a simple fix to edit your setup but without knowing what you are using we don't know where to start.

Which version of OpenCore are you using?

Also confirming the system configuration would be good, as we don't know if it is a pre-built system, custom build, laptop, which motherboard, CPU, discrete GPU the system uses. All we can tell from the image above is that you have an Acer display!

blakaze

AMD OS X Member
Providing a copy of the EFI folder you are using, would be more helpful than the image above. We don't know what you are using to boot your system. It could be a simple fix to edit your setup but without knowing what you are using we don't know where to start.

Which version of OpenCore are you using?

Also confirming the system configuration would be good, as we don't know if it is a pre-built system, custom build, laptop, which motherboard, CPU, discrete GPU the system uses. All we can tell from the image above is that you have an Acer display!
im using OpenCore 0.7.6-DEBUG

my pc specs:
fx-6300
gigabyte 970
rx 560 4gb
8gb of ram

here's my UFI folder:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I'll have a look at this tomorrow (Tuesday).

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I went through the OpenCore-2022-01-10-174043.txt file you provided and it contained a few minor issues, which I have looked in to.

There were a couple of 'Not Found' errors, but these are expected as you don't have macOS installed, yet.

Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 15.57.41.png

VoodooHDA: This kext doesn't work in macOS Big Sur 11.3+ when injected from the /OC/Kexts folder.

Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 15.52.24.png

This is due to changes Apple made in the macOS code. I am not sure if there is a solution to this issue, that doesn't include disabling SIP. Anyway I have removed the VoodooHDA.kext from your setup, as it doesn't work as it stands and all it is likely to do is cause an error.

EFI Folder:
I couldn't see much wrong, if anything with your OpenCore EFI folder. But wasn't sure if you were using the Legacy Boot method with your system. If I recall correctly when I was creating a Clover and later switched to an OC folder for my old FX6300 system (no longer have this one). I had to boot in Legacy mode via both boot loaders. Not the same for my FX8350, as this has a UEFI bios.

I have created a revised OC EFI folder, along with the legacy boot file, these are in the FX6300-OC-0.7.6 folder attached. This is not the Debug version.

Try this folder and the boot file on your system. Copy both the EFI folder and boot file to the EFI partition on your USB drive. One won't work without the other.
  • I have used the same iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS data from your config.plist.
  • I have added the OC GUI to the setup.
  • I removed the SATA-Unsupported.kext, as it isn't relevant to your AMD system.
  • I made a few other minor changes to the config.plist, Drivers and Tools folders.
See how you get on with this setup.

If it kernel panics, take a photo of the Verbose text and post a copy here. That way I may be able to find a solution to the issue.

Attachments

• FX6300-OC-0.7.6.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 17

blakaze

AMD OS X Member
I went through the OpenCore-2022-01-10-174043.txt file you provided and it contained a few minor issues, which I have looked in to.

There were a couple of 'Not Found' errors, but these are expected as you don't have macOS installed, yet.

View attachment 4783

VoodooHDA: This kext doesn't work in macOS Big Sur 11.3+ when injected from the /OC/Kexts folder.

View attachment 4782

This is due to changes Apple made in the macOS code. I am not sure if there is a solution to this issue, that doesn't include disabling SIP. Anyway I have removed the VoodooHDA.kext from your setup, as it doesn't work as it stands and all it is likely to do is cause an error.

EFI Folder:
I couldn't see much wrong, if anything with your OpenCore EFI folder. But wasn't sure if you were using the Legacy Boot method with your system. If I recall correctly when I was creating a Clover and later switched to an OC folder for my old FX6300 system (no longer have this one). I had to boot in Legacy mode via both boot loaders. Not the same for my FX8350, as this has a UEFI bios.

I have created a revised OC EFI folder, along with the legacy boot file, these are in the FX6300-OC-0.7.6 folder attached. This is not the Debug version.

Try this folder and the boot file on your system. Copy both the EFI folder and boot file to the EFI partition on your USB drive. One won't work without the other.
  • I made a few other minor changes to the config.plist, Drivers and Tools folders.

If it kernel panics, take a photo of the Verbose text and post a copy here. That way I may be able to find a solution to the issue.
Big thanks for help. i finally gave upon Monterey and now i'm gonna try to install BigSur tho.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The EFI provided in post #6 should work with Big Sur.

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member

View attachment 4783

View attachment 4782

EFI Folder:

My FX-6300 hackintoshs can not Legacy boot with this boot file (249 KB).
My Legacy boot file size must be 450 KB otherwise it can not boot at all with Error message "BOOT MISMATCH".
My FX-6300 hackintoshs must boot Legacy and disabled Quirks/ProvideCurrentCpuInfo, otherwise always got red screen panic during booting.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The Legacy boot file is in the folder attached, have downloaded and looked in the folder?

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
The Legacy boot file is in the folder attached, have downloaded and looked in the folder?
Yes, I had tried yours but it can not boot with error "BOOT MISMATCH".
IF ProvideCurrentCpuInfo enabled my FX-6300 always got red screen panic.
Did it occur to yours ?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No because I was using a much older version of OpenCore, 0.5.8 or something similar when playing with the FX6300 system. I don't think the ProvideCurrentCpuInfo option was available in that release.

The only FX system I am currently running is my FX8350/Sabertooth 990FX system, which runs OC 0.7.6.

That Red text screen was seen, but not because of the issue you are seeing. It was related to an incorrect driver in the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder. I think it was the HFSPlus driver that caused the issue. I have replaced the OpenHfsPlus.efi driver with HfsPlusLegacy.efi in the attached FX6300-OC-0.7.6 v2.

See if that makes any difference.

Attachments

• FX6300-OC-0.7.6 v2.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 14

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
No because I was using a much older version of OpenCore, 0.5.8 or something similar when playing with the FX6300 system. I don't think the ProvideCurrentCpuInfo option was available in that release.

The only FX system I am currently running is my FX8350/Sabertooth 990FX system, which runs OC 0.7.6.

That Red text screen was seen, but not because of the issue you are seeing. It was related to an incorrect driver in the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder. I think it was the HFSPlus driver that caused the issue. I have replaced the OpenHfsPlus.efi driver with HfsPlusLegacy.efi in the attached FX6300-OC-0.7.6 v2.

See if that makes any difference.
Thanks for your prompt reply and help.
Unfortunately after replaced with your HfsPlusLegacy.efi in /EFI/OC/Drivers still got the same red screen panic if ProvideCurrentCpuInfo was enabled.
According to my past experience it's due to OpenRuntime.efi instead of HFSPlus.efi or HfsPlusLegacy.efi mainly.
So it depends upon whether there's any fix of OpenRuntime.efi in the near future, otherwise no solution at present for my FX-6300 hackintoshs.
By the way can you update Big Sur or Monterey without loop reboot by Clover 514x in your FX-6300 before ?
Mine always got loop reboot in its created Mackintosh HD.
Currently only update by OpenCore 0.76 or higheris possible.

Last edited:

blakaze

AMD OS X Member

View attachment 4783

View attachment 4782

EFI Folder:

I came back to Monterey installation but with files you have sent and that's the error that shows up while trying to boot installation

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
I came back to Monterey installation but with files you have sent and that's the error that shows up while trying to boot installation

You may try my Kernel patches which need disable ProvideCurrentCpuInfo quirk in this config.plist

Attachments

• config-OC-076-M5A-MacPro7,1-showupdate.plist
    82.9 KB · Views: 9

vixuone

AMD OS X Member
hi!!
Please, could anyone pass me an efi ? I did install it many times and never works.
Asus Gamming B550 Plus
Ryzen 9 16 Cores
RX5800XT
32 GB RAM 3200MHz
SSD Crucial

Thanks a lot guys !!!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.