Monterey 12.1 update - any need to knows?

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I never update immediately as this is a work machine, but I wondered if it's just a straightforward affair or is there anything to be aware of (say set SecureBootModel to something other than Default or disabling fTPM before hitting upgrade?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
As long as you've got everything up to date it should be straightforward.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yep, latest kexts, latest OpenCore. All running like a charm guv'ner. On Catalina I never thought twice about hitting upgrade but Monterey feels like a bit of a different beast. Will run a full disk backup before I do anything, it's time for one anyways. (y)

BestGirlZoey

AMD OS X Member
Anyone else has issues with iServices after updating? It seems that I cannot use the Messages app anymore despite it working just fine prior to this update

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone else has issues with iServices after updating? It seems that I cannot use the Messages app anymore despite it working just fine prior to this update

No issues on my end. Try clearing your NVRAM.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Anyone know if Smalltree is working in 12.1?

misterrm

AMD OS X Member
12.1 does not work for MSI motherboard users. I was able to run 12.0 with the oldest bios for my x570 a-pro, but the 12.1 install just hangs out on LOG:EXITBS:START. New opencore and kexts applied so thats not the case.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Made a full disk backup just in case, then hit the button. After a few reboots with zero hiccups 12.1 is here. 🥳 Took about 20-25 minutes I think.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
12.2 also fine ;)

nexus66

AMD OS X Member
As long as you've got everything up to date it should be straightforward.
Anyone know if Smalltree is working in 12.1?
Just tried the SmallTree from the resources part of this site, but no luck - shows no media connected. Apple2xx continues to work, but is offline after sleep. So all as before...

Carniphage

AMD OS X Member
This is probably a heretical thing to say on this forum. I apologise, in advance, for any offence caused. ( I think there may be helplines available for those affected)
But this Smalltree thing has made me want to consider a KVM Hackintosh.

reinierlazo

AMD OS X Member
Just tried the SmallTree from the resources part of this site, but no luck - shows no media connected. Apple2xx continues to work, but is offline after sleep. So all as before...
yes through beta kexts

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.