macOS on kvm - success with 3700x and 740gt - and opinion vs bare metal ryzentosh

erezbaron

AMD OS X Member
ok so here's my pros and cons :

kvm :

++everything works -- waves plugins ,reaper - at least for audio ,only about 5% performance loss
--you have to passthrough gpu and usb controller for near native performance
--not easy to set up perfectly on linux but there are great guides online
--recommend using low latency linux kernel

if anyone is interested its really a great option for risen mackintosh

FisionBoy

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for share it. This is probably the way used by Morgonaut... and maybe the future of hackintosh. Who knows.

rajovo

AMD OS X Member
I'm super interested. I'd love to be able to easily switch between Windows 10 for gaming and MacOS - I don't even need both live at the same time, just to switch between "hibernated" OSes and not reboot all the time. Is that possible? Do I still need two GPUs for that (3900X doesn't have an iGPU)?

erezbaron

AMD OS X Member
I did use windows vm and macos in linux together its possible and works very well ,but i just daul boot now with windows . and autorun macos at linux boot .

Its really amazing technology but takes time to learn because it has many option .
You can built one host with like 3950x and 32g memory and create two pcs with 16 threads and 16g each they can run together with two screens

I think thats amazing

erezbaron

AMD OS X Member
You can do it with one gpu using hook scripts it works but its not easy to set up ,use cockpit in your phone to help you troubleshoot .
Ocne you get it ,save all the setup files for future use

erezbaron

AMD OS X Member
Buying a cheap old is gpu for linux use is easier for passing your main gpu .then single gpu stuff

rajovo

AMD OS X Member
Have you followed any particular guide? My a gt 710 for the Linux host is on the way. Thanks.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.