macOS Monterey Patches Released

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Screenshot-2021-06-13-at-15.26.43.png

macOS Monterey 12.x AMD Patches​

Here we are people. The macOS Monterey AMD Patches for OpenCore. They currently work great but as with any Apple update they may break so keep that in mind.

There are some things you should know first,
  • Only Developer Beta 1 is supported ( 12A5248p )
  • Patches for Beta versions are provided but no support is given until the OS is released.
  • Try these patches at your own risk and always have a backup EFI to boot.
  • Always make sure your kexts and if required OpenCore version is updated first.
  • Make a backup! This should always be the case when installing beta software.
  • Be patient with patch updates.

You can download the installer image with gibMacOS and the command to create a USB is on the Github Repo Readme. As mentioned above as it's a beta release, we won't offer support for those willing to install macOS 12.0 on their system. Once Apple have released it publicly then we will provide support.

Github Repo: https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

As always, enjoy your AMD Hack and have fun.

Thanks,
Shaneee
Will this work on the Ryzen 7 5800h? Thanks for your work mate!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Jo-Toku technically yes but you'll need a supported GPU to run macOS. Being that the 5800h is a mobile chip, you've most likely got a laptop with unsupported graphics.

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Jo-Toku technically yes but you'll need a supported GPU to run macOS. Being that the 5800h is a mobile chip, you've most likely got a laptop with unsupported graphics.
I do, the 6600m, same device ID as the 6600xt, 6600

Aditionally it has a Mux to disable the IGPU

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I do, the 6600m, same device ID as the 6600xt, 6600

Aditionally it has a Mux to disable the IGPU
My Atari VCS also has an integrated AMD APU yet it was able to boot into Big Sur without any issues. It would be interesting to see if we can adapt your AMD laptop with the build.
You'll most likely could run Monterey only because that's what's only allowed for the 6600XT. To try to get it to boot you'll also need to disable HPET in the BIOS.

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
My Atari VCS also has an integrated AMD APU yet it was able to boot into Big Sur without any issues. It would be interesting to see if we can adapt your AMD laptop with the build.
You'll most likely could run Monterey only because that's what's only allowed for the 6600XT. To try to get it to boot you'll also need to disable HPET in the BIOS.
Yes, only Monterey will be the one to install. I have been quite busy at work to try again, hope my time opens up soon. Wow, APU meaning an amd IGPU? Thats sounds super? Do you have a thread on it?

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Yes, only Monterey will be the one to install. I have been quite busy at work to try again, hope my time ones up soon. Wow, APU meaning an amd IGPU? Thats sounds super? Do you have a thread on it?
I do indeed! It is from my build of the VCS here >

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I do indeed! It is from my build of the VCS here >

:love: Damn brother, thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

mastanikhan

AMD OS X Member
AppleAVD

Available for: macOS Monterey

Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges

Description: An out-of-bounds write issue was addressed with improved bounds checking. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.

CVE-2022-22675: an anonymous researcher

Intel Graphics Driver

Available for: macOS Monterey

Impact: An application may be able to read kernel memory

Description: An out-of-bounds read issue may lead to the disclosure of kernel memory and was addressed with improved input validation. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.

CVE-2022-22674: an anonymous researcher

mmp369

AMD OS X Member
Hello, big guy, when will the kernel pudding for macOS Ventura come out?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.