macOS Monterey Patches Released

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member

dawilliams660

AMD OS X Member
Hello....i'm still trying to instll 12.0.1 and still getting

A required firmware update could not be installed....I changed my video card from nvida to a radeon rx460​

what should I do, could it be my efi patch, is it my firmware on the MB, is not compatible. When doing an install from cratch using 12 BETA 1, it installs with no issues but when I install 12.0.1 it boots then it just continue to loop, then after a few minutes it gives me the message above

Last edited:

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi I am a little confused. I am downloading right now Monterey stable release 12.0.1 via the normal update method in Big Sur.
I am using OC 0.74 and the SecureBootModel is set to default. Should I set it to "disabled" before the PC restarts?
Also my SmBios is iMacPro1,1. Is this OK for Monterey?

Many thanks.

Last edited:

p2mmao

AMD OS X Member
I set it to default , and iMac Pro 1,1 is ok
Hi I am a little confused. I am downloading right now Monterey stable release 12.0.1 via the normal update method in Big Sur.
I am using OC 0.74 and the SecureBootModel is set to default. Should I set it to "disabled" before the PC restarts?
Also my SmBios is iMacPro1,1. Is this OK for Monterey?

Many thanks.

dawilliams660

AMD OS X Member

A required firmware update could not be installed....I changed my video card from nvida to a radeon rx460​

what should I do, could it be my efi patch, is it my firmware on the MB, is not compatible. When doing an install from cratch using 12 BETA 1, it installs with no issues but when I install 12.0.1 it boots then it just continue to loop, then after a few minutes it gives me the message above
Well guys I got 12.0.1 to install then upgrated to 12.1, its running great will be ugrading memory then CPU, then video card next

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member

Your motherboard?

dawilliams660

AMD OS X Member

Ploddles

AMD OS X Member
Awesome, how is one to go about getting 12.1? I'm currently on 12.0.1 and my search has only led me to Apple Public Beta signup

Open Terminal and enter :-

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

This will enrol your machine on the developer program, without having to pay, and let you 'upgrade' to the latest developer beta, ie before it becomes a public beta.

p2mmao

AMD OS X Member
Open Terminal and enter :-
sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed
This will enrol your machine on the developer program, without having to pay, and let you 'upgrade' to the latest developer beta, ie before it becomes a public beta.
Need I re-enable SIP first?

Leborgne23

AMD OS X Member
Anyone tried 12.1 final with an msi board to see if by any miracle the Nvme issue might be solved ?

dnlzzxz

AMD OS X Member
Anyone tried 12.1 final with an msi board to see if by any miracle the Nvme issue might be solved ?
mine is working fine, but my bios is downgraded to an old one!

misterrm

AMD OS X Member
I am using x570A Pro with oldest bios possible and i was running my 4 NVMe drives without any issues on Big sur, monterey 12.0.1 / 12.1

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

tjthelion

AMD OS X Member
Anyone tried 12.2 beta to see if MSI board issues have been straightened out?

Leborgne23

AMD OS X Member
Anyone tried 12.2 beta to see if MSI board issues have been straightened out?
That and new bioses from msi released just before the new year. Will do that next week and let you know.

jazzygff

AMD OS X Member
That and new bioses from msi released just before the new year. Will do that next week and let you know.
I've tried the new BIOS for the meg unify but still won't boot. Only one to boot is the oldest BIOS available but that messes with my ram overclocks.

mmp369

AMD OS X Member
Can the garbled voice problem of the Great God G series APU be solved? It is the relationship between the clock speed of the CPU and the clock of the operating system that causes the sound to be garbled. When the processor isn't busy enough, the clock speed drops, which makes the OS get out of sync with the CPU, the sound depends heavily on timing, and even the clock in the status bar knows to lag. Using the program patch from astrihale, the situation is much better, but sometimes there are still garbled problems, I hope God can solve it. thanks

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.