macOS Monterey Patches Released

Ploddles

AMD OS X Member
Anyone tested the new patches with Big Sur 11.5 Beta 5 yet?

Not that I am expecting any changes now in the latest beta released today so they should be fine. This will probably be the last update, bar any further security updates, to Big Sur before we move on to Monterey.

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
Anyone tested the new patches with Big Sur 11.5 Beta 5 yet?

Not that I am expecting any changes now in the latest beta released today so they should be fine. This will probably be the last update, bar any further security updates, to Big Sur before we move on to Monterey.
Working.
And I guess it solved some problems that I got with Apple Music.

elixir

AMD OS X Member

anyone able to see the memoji logon animation?

Ploddles

AMD OS X Member
Post EFI please

You will just have to wait, like the rest of us, until the devs want to release the next version of the patches to support Beta 2.

In the mean time you can still use the Beta 1 patches, which are working.

The chances are that Beta 3 will probably need another round of patches so it is best to just use with the latest working patches to test your system. Remember that this is Beta software so nothing is guaranteed to work, especially on an AMD hack.

elixir

AMD OS X Member
okay, I have used the Monterey beta 1 patch to Big Sur 11.5 (20G5065a)
seems pretty stable ;)
Big Sur reported that an upgrade to Monterey is available :LOL:
..and a new update for Big Sur 11.5
will share if have problems

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@elixir Be careful. It's most likely either Beta 2 or the Public beta. Both of which are unsupported by the current patches. Wait for an update for those.

elixir

AMD OS X Member
@elixir Be careful. It's most likely either Beta 2 or the Public beta. Both of which are unsupported by the current patches. Wait for an update for those.
hi Shanee, no worries, i have bakups for Monterey and Big Sur.
this is just out of curiosity 😅😂

now updating....... 😅

Last edited:

elixir

AMD OS X Member
im back with Big Sur 11.5 (20G70)

soo.... this is RC, this means that monterey beta 1 patch can run on this big sur beta 5 and RC 😃

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 19.11.39.png
Monterey Beta 4.

muscledman94

AMD OS X Member
Well Done, hope you share your EFI for the public here. Had also success by installing Monterey but have some issues with Audio and Monterey stucks with playing Videos and Songs. Your EFI for Big Sur (Gigabyte Mainboard) is still working great 🙌 👏

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Well Done, hope you share your EFI for the public here. Had also success by installing Monterey but have some issues with Audio and Monterey stucks with playing Videos and Songs. Your EFI for Big Sur (Gigabyte Mainboard) is still working great 🙌 👏
Next EFI release I do when 0.7.2 releases will have the latest patches compatible with the latest 12.0 Beta and I will put up notes for how to make it more Monterey friendly But everything you need to know can be found on the GitHub and also on here. 👍

Thread 'New AMD macOS CoreCount patch Information'
https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/new-amd-macos-corecount-patch-information.1948/

Ploddles

AMD OS X Member
Happy to say that the new patches are working well with my Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme TRX40 (Threadripper) Hack, up to and including Monterey Beta 4. Only 12 of the patches are needed as I don't run any versions prior to BS 11.4.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Captura de pantalla 2021-07-28 a las 2.07.08.png
Nice patches! Everything is working smoothly!

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I just want to pass on that AMD Power Gadget has been update with a MenuBar that shows the GHz, Temperature and Wattage. This may be helpful for those using SMBios7,1.
CleanShot 2021-07-30 at 08.30.35@2x.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have some interesting news! It results that my first mobo can't shut down properly with your bios options (and no changed made effect). However, my mobo has died when trying to boot with four sticks of ram. So, I asked for a new one, it is under warranty and the new one, with same bios options, can shut down and is working properly. Really weird thing to me... At least, it is solved! and a new mobo for me! :cool: btw, using 4002 rev bios by now.
I think you posted this on the wrong thread…lol…That’s Sucks though bud, sorry to hear that And I’m glad you got it sorted out.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
I think you posted this on the wrong thread…lol…That’s Sucks though bud, sorry to hear that And I’m glad you got it sorted out.
you are wright! so sorry, corrected posted!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.