macOS High Sierra AMD Windows 10 VMWare 16.2.1 Hyper-V

amun

AMD OS X Member
I am on Windows 10 (Host), AMD FX-8350. I need Hyper-V enabled to use WSL and an Android Emulator.
My understanding is, this won't work with virtualbox, but with vmware shouldn't be an issue anymore: https://blogs.vmware.com/workstation/2020/05/vmware-workstation-now-supports-hyper-v-mode.html

I thought I'd go with High Sierra, as it has lower system requirements, so my hope was it would perform a bit better (as my machine is not the fastest, plus we can't use virtualization).

I tried this vmdk and iso:

I also installed the unlocker.
Unfortunately, no matter if I boot from the iso or the vmdk I get "Operating System not found".
Where could I find a working vmdk or iso? Or ist the problem in my config?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
With VMWare you'll need to use a modified kernel. VirtualBox however can spoof the CPUID to an Intel CPU.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It's an issue with the HV from what I can tell. Fix is to run
Code:
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If you've got that fixed you'll need to run these commands to allow macOS to boot "natively" within VBox on AMD,

Code:
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" 
VBoxManage modifyvm "Monterey" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff 
VBoxManage setextradata "Monterey" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMacPro1,1"
VBoxManage setextradata "Monterey" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" 
VBoxManage setextradata "Monterey" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94"
VBoxManage setextradata "Monterey" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" 
VBoxManage setextradata "Monterey" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
VBoxManage modifyvm "Monterey" --cpu-profile "Intel Core i7-6700K"
VBoxManage setextradata "Monterey" VBoxInternal2/EfiGraphicsResolution 1920x922

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.