macOS Handoff, system hangs in the very end

edo

AMD OS X Member
Hey everyone,

This is not my first hackintosh experience. I've started using OpenCore 0.5.4 and easily got it working.
I've stopped using it a bit and as of now I'm trying to install OpenCore 0.6.1 / OSX 10.15.6.

I've made my config.plist following the dortania guide. Used sanity checker file and all good (it only points out SetupVirtualMap which I ended up disabling to be able to proceed with first boot of the installer)

What happens is that my install works almost till the end. But in the last minute of the macOs handoff it hangs (I check this making sure Caps Lock doesn't work anymore).

Screenshot

My spec is on the signature, board is Aorus Master X570 rev 1.0 / AMD Ryzen 9 3900X.
BIOS v F11 (also tried with F30 but doesn't change anything on this particular situation).

I've checked Troubleshooting section of dortania and I've made the following changes:

• SetupVirtualMap to false

As my board supports MAT:
  • EnableWriteUnprotector -> False
  • RebuildAppleMemoryMap -> True
  • SyncRuntimePermissions -> True
As this didn't work I've tried the solution for "Stuck at 2 minutes remaining" and added this changes:
  • LegacyEnable -> YES
  • LegacyOverwrite -> YES
  • WriteFlash -> YES
As it was not working yet, I've tried to disable SIP with code: FF070000 (Catalina)

I have 4G decoding enabled by default in BIOS. I've also tried to disable it and add npci=0x2000 to the boot-args.

After deep diving in reddit I found a guy which solved this by switching RAM modules. I have 4 x 16GB TridentZ RGB and switched position of modules without success.

My system has 3 NVME Samsung 970 Evo Plus and I already have W10 and PopOs 20.04 installed in the first two.

The only thing I also think it's weird is that when I start installation and go to disk utility to erase partition it hangs most of the times. What I do as a workaround is booting into PopOs and erasing APFS partitions created with Disks Gnome Utility. After doing this and booting into OpenCore I'm able to go to Disk Utility and erase disk again picking APFS.

This makes me suspect from the NVME but the truth is I've already had installed OSX 10.15.4 with opencore 0.5.5 on it so it's not a compatibility issue.

Also tried with different USB stick and connected to different USB ports...

At this point I have no ideas on what to try more. I'm really needing ideas to get this working.

Thanks in advance,
@edo

edo

AMD OS X Member
It took me 5 days to solve this. Anyways reasoning about it by writing this post helped me to find the solution.

SOLUTION: Updated Samsung 970 Evo Plus firmware.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.