macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Sleep and WiFi issues

reach4jack

AMD OS X Member
Hi Everyone. I am new here and recently built a Hackintosh running macOS Catalina version 10.15.6 using the latest OpenCore-

CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
DRAM- 2x8GB DDR4-3200
Motherboard- X570 Micro-ATX

Currently, most of the things are working okay. I am having two problems that may/may not be related.

1. Once my system goes into sleep mode I have to restart the system. There is no waking up the system.
  2. I cannot use my WiFi or Turn Off my Bluetooth. My WiFi chip being Intel 8265 I don't have much hope saw few intel drivers posted on Reddit but it just broke the boot every-time I added those kexts.

I looked at the documents some suggest mapping the USB ports which I did initially while setting up using SSDTTime. I would appreciate any help. I ran my config.plist file and here is the output https://opencore.slowgeek.com/?file=amd059aaK2Xb&rs=amd059. I have also attached the file.
Details about mac - Not sure why it says Intel Core i5

1595304304814.png

Output for pmset - g assertions is in case needed.(Not sure how to interpret this)

1595304680799.png

Is there a way I can fix the sleep issue and have the ability to use Wifi?

Attachments

• config.plist
    40 KB · Views: 0

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
First you'd need to properly map your USB ports.
You should exclude the ports devices like the AIO and lighning node are connected to as they can break sleep (even on Intel Hackintoshes).

In my case I've had to physically disconnect my H80i to get the system to sleep, for Hackintoshes you best let the Mainboard handle the AIO fans.
Also, the USB Receiver might be an issue too since Catalina does not play well with the AMD USB Controllers in general.

Since you didn't specify your motherboard I cannot comment regarding BT/Wifi except you might try those:

reach4jack

AMD OS X Member
First you'd need to properly map your USB ports.
You should exclude the ports devices like the AIO and lighning node are connected to as they can break sleep (even on Intel Hackintoshes).

In my case I've had to physically disconnect my H80i to get the system to sleep, for Hackintoshes you best let the Mainboard handle the AIO fans.
Also, the USB Receiver might be an issue too since Catalina does not play well with the AMD USB Controllers in general.

Since you didn't specify your motherboard I cannot comment regarding BT/Wifi except you might try those:
Thanks for your response. My motherboard is Asrock pro4 570 https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X570 Pro4/index.asp. All the components sit inside this https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Crystal-Series-280X-RGB/p/CC-9011137-WW case. I tried itlwm but while compiling the kext with Xcode my system froze. Any guidance on how to compile these?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
No need, today they released the first alpha version with pre-built kexts

reach4jack

AMD OS X Member
No need, today they released the first alpha version with pre-built kexts
Do you know if there are any instructions on how to use this? Can I put this in my bootable USB drive and update the config.plist file ? or is there a different way?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Put the kexts in there like any other and after a reboot use the HeliPort app to select the wifi

reach4jack

AMD OS X Member
@Aluveitie I put the Kext in my USB drive, linked it in the config.plist but I get the error on starting the HeliPort app that itlwxm is not running. Attached is my config.plist file. Not sure if there is something else that needs to be done?

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.4 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.