MacOS Big Sur - mouse small interrupts

Cosmin

Original poster
Aug 7, 2020
Hello,

I have this problem ONLY on Big Sur, starting with RC2 and now with final version.
While moving mouse, it periodically freeze for about a half of second, and this is very annoying.
Another problem is: after restart or shuitdown, the time is decreased by two hours in BIOS.

Anybody knows something about these?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mo Al

Jun 8, 2020
Try setting your PCIe device configuration settings to GEN4 since you have GEN4 devices and also try turning off auto on bus width configuration in the BIOS forgot what the setting is called.

Cosmin

Original poster
Aug 7, 2020
Try setting your PCIe device configuration settings to GEN4 since you have GEN4 devices and also try turning off auto on bus width configuration in the BIOS forgot what the setting is called.
I tried and it's not working...

Mo Al

Jun 8, 2020
I am sorry man thats what worked for me. Try playing with your southbridge link type rather than the typical auto setting and also try setting the m.2 controllers to SATA type if you can see an option like that .

Cosmin

Original poster
Aug 7, 2020
I am sorry man thats what worked for me. Try playing with your southbridge link type rather than the typical auto setting and also try setting the m.2 controllers to SATA type if you can see an option like that .
Hmm. Why should I put m.2 to sata? I'll lose all speed of NVME, no chance.
The main ideea is everything worked fine until the last BigSur update - RC2...

Cosmin

Original poster
Aug 7, 2020
And why the time is delayed by two hours after restart or shutdown? This happened in all hackintosh installations I already tested.

Mo Al

Jun 8, 2020
And why the time is delayed by two hours after restart or shutdown? This happened in all hackintosh installations I already tested.
there is a thread somewhere i found here or on google explaining how to fix this time issue from windows 10 in the registry using regedit. As for the NVMe you are correct i switched mine back all to auto because i didnt wanna compromise speed. All works well with mine even on auto weird because before it would jitter and lag when trying to load applications.