macOS Big Sur is on AMD

Aryann Gupta

AMD OS X Member
Note: Installer does not yet run on Hackintoshes (both Intel and AMD), one has to install on a real Mac or VM and then transfer the installation. Latest nightly of OpenCore is ready for Big Sur now.

Also, it looks like Catalina 10.15.5 cannot read APFS format of Big Sur, you cannot restore the image to a single volume from Catalina.
how to transfer the installation from virtual box to my pc's ssd??? please help

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I used a raw disk image, installing Big Sur directly to my SSD from VirtualBox (Note: the disk must be unmounted first)

Aryann Gupta

AMD OS X Member
I used a raw disk image, installing Big Sur directly to my SSD from VirtualBox (Note: the disk must be unmounted first)
Hi Sir,
Can u please elaborate on the steps....how to basically install directly to the ssd??
also did u use VMware Fusion or virtual box???

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Aryann Gupta

AMD OS X Member
Could anyone please just explain how can I install directly install Big Sur to my ssd using virtual box???I have all of my efi ready for continuing but am unable to understand how to install directly on my ssd as only virtual hard drive is being shown in the disk utility page!!!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
No support will be given. Anything that goes wrong is yours to fix,

Code:
For Windows:

VBoxManage internalcommands createrawvmdk -filename "C:\Users\<user_name>\VirtualBox VMs\<VM_folder_name>\<file_name>.vmdk" -rawdisk \\.\PhysicalDrive#

For Linux:

VBoxManage internalcommands createrawvmdk -filename "</path/to/file>.vmdk" -rawdisk /dev/sda

For Mac OS X:

VBoxManage internalcommands createrawvmdk -filename "</path/to/file>.vmdk" -rawdisk /dev/disk#

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It was just announced that latest OC master should be able to handle KC and enforcing the prelinkedkernel is no longer necessary. There are some reports that the installer could at least be loaded natively now.
Great work by the developers of OC!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Installer does indeed work using latest commits of OC and the KC now. You need to use FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC for the installer though.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Phoenix In the German Hackintosh Forum.

MrParalyzed

AMD OS X Member
Only 17h is supported? Guess I can't try out Big Sur for now.

rdymond

AMD OS X Member
I tried to Install on Parallel Desktop
But It says

You cannot run a macOS virtual machine on your Mac.

Your Mac has the AMD main processor installed, while you can run macOS virtual machines on Intel-based computers only.

Please Guide.
As stated, this isn't supported by the community. Use Catalina.

Phoenix

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

via MacBook Pro I got the Big Sur Beta 1 to run on my external Samsung 970 EVO Plus.

But as soon as I switch the external Samsung SSD to my Ryzentosh and try to boot Big Sur I get always this error message ( Attachment )

I mounted the EFI of 970 EVO Plus and copied my OpenCore EFI to it.

I have an AMD Ryzen CPU , an Asus Crosshair VI Hero MB and a Vega card.

Do you have an idea how to fix it?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-09 um 11.24.40.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 33

slead

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi,

via MacBook Pro I got the Big Sur Beta 1 to run on my external Samsung 970 EVO Plus.

But as soon as I switch the external Samsung SSD to my Ryzentosh and try to boot Big Sur I get always this error message ( Attachment )

I mounted the EFI of 970 EVO Plus and copied my OpenCore EFI to it.

I have an AMD Ryzen CPU , an Asus Crosshair VI Hero MB and a Vega card.

Do you have an idea how to fix it?

View attachment 753

In your config file, set the following:
Booter > Quirks:
RebuildAppleMemoryMap = False

If that does not work, then do the following too:

SetupVirtualMap = False

good luck

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.