macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
1598414407_ScreenShot67.thumb.png.eb624dbc4fc5a81b8a08d95c443fc747.png

macOS Big Sur, the latest version of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system, is now available to Mac users as a free software update. Big Sur introduces a beautiful redesign and is packed with new enhancements for key apps including Safari, Messages, and Maps, as well as new privacy features. And Big Sur has been engineered, down to its core, to take full advantage of all the power of the M1 chip to make the macOS experience even better for the new 13-inch MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac mini. The combination of Big Sur and M1 truly takes the Mac to a whole new level with incredible capabilities, efficiency, and more apps than ever before, while maintaining everything users love about macOS.

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
I've been trying to download Big Sur to a real Macbook all day, but Apple's file servers have been overwhelmed.

olbo

AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee it would be good to post about whats working and whats not along with the link to the Dortina guide as well as highlighting any specific points relating to AMD in order to upgrade your system! All the hard work is done, it would be nice to showcase it for anyone wanting to upgrade

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Final release from the App Store should be 20B28, 20B29 was delivered on Apples new ARM macs and according to some users causes issues on Intel Macs.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I downloaded the official version and tried to make a boot-usb twice, but though creatinstallmedia reports no errors, it doesn't create an EFI partition. I don't have anywhere to put OpenCore. Weird...

EDIT
D'oh. An easily overlooked mistake: don't format the usb drive with the (default) Master Boot Record but set it to GUID.

Last edited:

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
I downloaded the official version and tried to make a boot-usb twice, but though creatinstallmedia reports no errors, it doesn't create an EFI partition. I don't have anywhere to put OpenCore. Weird...
I used a USB thumb drive that was formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) prior to using createinstallmedia. I even had an EFI partition with a working OpenCore installed on it. Createinstallmedia didn't even touch the EFI partition and the OpenCore files were left intact.

Trevor30

AMD OS X Member

kn225

AMD OS X Member
I was able to just install it successfully on top of my Catalina. Wanted to make two key points:
1 - Needed the new patches for 17th gen posted on main download location on Nov 12
2 - It rebooted a lot of times until it was able to complete

Here is a thank you to everybody who put in the effort on the patches and allowing us to continuing enjoying our Hack setups.

ThibautFlt

AMD OS X Member
I've updated to Big Sur, it works like a charm ! Sleep is working as well. :)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-11-14 à 16.37.39.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-11-14 à 16.37.39.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.