Mac OS X Stuttering/Slowdown

ezerez

AMD OS X Member
Hello there

I started my first Opencore build with Opencore 0.5.8 a couple of days ago. By following the guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/. I got Mac OS X Catalina to boot pretty quickly, but for some reason my Bluetooth would not show up. After researching the problem for a whole day, i noticed that one of my controllers was missing 2 usb ports. I then changed the name of this controller from PTXH to XHC2 so mac os x would try to figure out the ports itself and this seemed to have fixed the problem. My Fenvi FV-HB120 and with BCM94360CS2 chipset shows up without extra kexts. Then the next problem occurred (I actually noticed it before already but thought it had to do with the usb problems). Mac OS X starts up fine, but after 30s in it starts stuttering and lagging. sometimes takes a little longer sometimes its almost immediately after login. It also froze completely after a while already. I tried all kind of solutions already to find the problem but none have worked untill now. I hope someone can point me in the right direction because i am running out of ideas. I also did some benchmarks, Cinebench does between 2600-3000 (in windows around 3600). A youtube movie also stutters. I checked with VDADecoderChecker: and that gives Hardware is fully supported.

thank you in advance!

System:

MB: Asrock B450M Steel Legend
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 2 x 8 GB 3200 MHz CL14
Graphics Card: XFX 5600XT Thicc III Ultra
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

What I have tried so far.
  • Disabling AppleALC.kext
  • Disabling Whatevergreen.kext (boots the same, which I actually didn't expect, thought it was a necessary component)
  • Switching between displayport and HDMI
  • All kinds of quirks in config.plist that I think might help the problem, but if anyone has a suggestion there I will try again
  • Updated Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext because new versions were released in the last 24 hours

I have attached my config plist without serials

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• config-without-serial.plist
    41.6 KB · Views: 3

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Taking a look at your config I see AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext. That shouldn't be required anymore. AppleMCEReporter is loaded on my system without issues. Not sure if that would slow it down. Also in your boot args there is a typo, agdpmod=piker should be agdpmod=pikera.

You can also try using this SSDT,

Attachments

• SSDT-PLUG.aml.zip
    1,001 bytes · Views: 12

ezerez

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for the quick reply! Cant believe i missed that typo ... . Unfortunately none of the solutions seem to make a change 🙁 . What does the SSDT plug actually do, i cannot find alot of information about it?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It's CPU based. It could be that it's the wrong path for your system. Open MaciASL and open this file,

Screenshot 2020-05-29 13.45.23.png

From here look at this part, External (_PR_.C000, ProcessorObj) If your is PR.C000 then you don't need to change it. If it's different though open the SSDT and change the two instances of _PR_.C000 to match yours.

ezerez

AMD OS X Member
It's CPU based. It could be that it's the wrong path for your system. Open MaciASL and open this file,

View attachment 406

From here look at this part, External (_PR_.C000, ProcessorObj) If your is PR.C000 then you don't need to change it. If it's different though open the SSDT and change the two instances of _PR_.C000 to match yours.
Ok I checked it, there are 12 instances there (i guess one for every thread) and the first one is External (PR.C000, ProcessorObj). So I guess it is ok then?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah it's fine then. Check in your BIOS settings for the Serial/Parallel port and make sure it's disabled.

ezerez

AMD OS X Member
Problem Solved. I had a adata sx7000 ssd in, changed it for a hp EX 950 and now everything is running like a dream! thank you for all the help

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.