Kylex89

AMD OS X Member
Hello, everyone! I've been searching the internet tirelessly for the past few weeks, and I've come up with nothing useful. So, I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with this issue:

The Obvious:

Yes, I know that I could easily boot into Windows 10 to game, but I do all of my work and school tasks under MacOS. And I like to be able to use iMessage, etc. while playing games. So, I'd really like to get this one game that I like to play working if possible.

The Issue:

While playing World of Warcraft: Classic - a game that I think uses Metal, the game will not go above around 15-20 fps, and the GPU usage/utilization never goes above around 10-15% (as seen in the screenshot). When I had my i9-9900k hackintosh (with the same GPU - 5700xt), I could easily get above 100 fps on Catalina. So, I'm not quite sure why this AMD hackintosh is suffering from such poor fps in this game. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

My Specs:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
GPU - Radeon RX 5700 XT (Sapphire Nitro +)
Ram - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb (2x8gb) DDR4 3200MHz
Mobo - ROG Strix x570-I Gaming

Opencore - 0.5.9
MacOS - 10.15.5

The Screenshot:

To hopefully further help diagnose the issue, I've provided a screenshot that was taken after playing the game for about 10-15 minutes. The screenshot shows the CPU and GPU usage/utilization while playing the game.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 9.21.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 9.21.43 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 27

iamso78

AMD OS X Member

Kylex89

AMD OS X Member

@iamso78 Thank you for your reply! I tried what you suggested, and it did manage to raise my metal score on Geekbench from around 50k to 80k, which is really awesome.

However, it didn't help very much at all with the gaming problem. So, I'm still looking for something to fix my World of Warcraft: Classic issue.

Kylex89

AMD OS X Member
I'm sorry to revive this topic, but I've recently moved to Big Sur. On Big Sur, unfortunately, the problem still exists.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

-Kyle

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.