looping at com.apple.xpc.launchd

Mattuz

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, sadly I needed to change my mobo from an Asus B550-E to MSI X570 Tomahawk, so this means creating a new efi.
As always I followed the dortania guide, and everything went almost smoothly. The only problem is that I cannot get into recovery mode, while OpenCore is booting I always get an infinite amount of strings says "com.apple.xpc.launchd blah blah" and after 30 minutes of doing so the computer reboots.
I'll attach a zip containing the efi and an image showing the errors.

I want to thank everyone that is going to help me in advance.
Greetings from Italy :D

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Not going to work on MSI I'm afraid. There's some unknown issue with MSI boards on Monterey. As you've got a 3000 series CPU you could try an older BIOS version.

Mattuz

AMD OS X Member
Not going to work on MSI I'm afraid. There's some unknown issue with MSI boards on Monterey. As you've got a 3000 series CPU you could try an older BIOS version.
Thanks, I'll try to downgrade my bios and see what happens

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Doesn't work for everyone which means you'd be stuck with Big Sur. It's the reason I swapped my MSI board for the ASUS one I have now.

Mattuz

AMD OS X Member
Tested bios version 7C84v10 released in 2020-04-13 and I can get in recovery mode! I'll try to update it to every version available to find the latest working one.

Mattuz

AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee Hi, sorry if I use this topic but I didn't fell like creating a new one just for this, as I'm having issues with the motherboard I think I might swap it for an X570 Aorus Elite, does it have any problems with macOS?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.