Looking for some advice or suggestions

summerside1967

AMD OS X Member
Hi Everyone...

I'm new to the AMD OS X group, but not new to hackintosh. I've been running a hackintosh for a few years. I've just built a new computer, so essentially I am starting from scratch learning about hacking with amd.

I created the EFI and mac recovery usb drive using windows while following all the directions given at the opencore site to make sure all the detials were correct (config.plist, kexts, drivers, acpi, etc...) I've scrapped things and started from scratch twice, but cannot figure out what is wrong. The bios has been set to the advised settings.

When I boot from the USB drive I select the 1. EFI (external) then it starts booting then stops.

My specs are in my signature. I've attached my EFI folder and a copy of the opencore boot log.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Edward

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • opencore-2021-02-06-113433.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Change Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel to Disabled and try booting.

Also revisit the PlatformInfo of your config. Only Generic is requried not SMBIOS, PlatformNVRAM or DataHub.

summerside1967

AMD OS X Member
Change Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel to Disabled and try booting.

Also revisit the PlatformInfo of your config. Only Generic is requried not SMBIOS, PlatformNVRAM or DataHub.
Thanks for the suggestion. I disabled SecurebootModel and I updated the PlatformInfo. Stuck in almost the same place after I enter into EFI (external). I've attached the recent opencore log and my updated config.plist. I'm going to take a closer look at others users that have successful EFI with somilar mobo.

The sanity check still had no issues

Thanks again

Attachments

• opencore-2021-02-06-202838.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • config.plist
    50.8 KB · Views: 1

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
When I boot from the USB drive I select the 1. EFI (external) then it starts booting then stops.

Just re-read your original post. This isn't correct. You don't boot the EFI from OpenCore. You need to choose the macOS option. It'll be something along the lines of "Boot macOS Installer".

summerside1967

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for responding. So something must have went wrong when I used macrecovery and the windows installer. These are the only choices I have when it boots up:

1. EFI (external)
2. Windows
3. UEFI Shell

It has to be something minor that I missed, because I followed the guide step by step

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah something is missing there. There should be an option for booting the macOS installer. Make a backup of your EFI and remake the USB.

summerside1967

AMD OS X Member
Thanks again. Appreciate it

summerside1967

AMD OS X Member
Yeah something is missing there. There should be an option for booting the macOS installer. Make a backup of your EFI and remake the USB.
I'm stumped. I kept the EFI folder that I previously put together, but started from scratch making the usb installer. I followed two guides for making the installer via windows. (one was the opencore guide and another was a youtube video) Both were identical steps.

I can't seem to get the install macOS Big Sur to show up in the boot picker.

A friend of mine has a mac. I might try to make the installer on his computer

Thanks again

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If you can get access to a Mac it's easier. Just run createinstallmedia then mount the EFI partition and add your EFI folder. Should show up then. I've personally never used macrecovery. Only ever used gibMacOS and createinstallmedia.

summerside1967

AMD OS X Member
If you can get access to a Mac it's easier. Just run createinstallmedia then mount the EFI partition and add your EFI folder. Should show up then. I've personally never used macrecovery. Only ever used gibMacOS and createinstallmedia.
So I borrowed a friends macpro laptop. I spent the morning going through each step thoroughly...double checking each step. I decided to start with Catalina....the install usb drive was easy.

I double checked the bios settings, drivers, kexts, amd patch, confi, etc. I now see the option to install catalina at the boot picker. Then it gets stuck.

I've upload the log...

I am truly stumped....any thoughts?

Thanks again

Attachments

• opencore-2021-02-07-104107.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2

summerside1967

AMD OS X Member
So I borrowed a friends macpro laptop. I spent the morning going through each step thoroughly...double checking each step. I decided to start with Catalina....the install usb drive was easy.

I double checked the bios settings, drivers, kexts, amd patch, confi, etc. I now see the option to install catalina at the boot picker. Then it gets stuck.

I've upload the log...

I am truly stumped....any thoughts?

Thanks again
So I have finally had some success....although I had to borrow some files from another EFI. I found one that was similar to my specs and crossed referenced and made changes. The config I looked at had significantly less data than mine...so I'm still trying to figure out where I went wrong.

I was finally able to boot into the installer and install Big Sur.

Most things are working except:

Keyboard and mouse jumpy
Bluetooth not working
At this time my graphics card isn't supported (Radeon rx6800xt) as well as no dual monitor

Otherwise things work.

Thanks for your help

Edward

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
The system will be choppy untill the GPU is actually supported.

summerside1967

AMD OS X Member
Thought I would add an update to my original post. I’ve updated to open core 0.6.8 and updated the amd kernel patch. I joined the beta program and installed Big Sur 11.4 beta.

Everything is working ...and now my amd rx6800xt graphics card is recognized with dual 4K LG monitors!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.