Logic Pro X Crashing With AMD FX-8350 & MSI 970 Gaming

Deleted member 6877

AMD OS X Member
I am trying to figure out what is causing Logic Pro X to crash on my recently built Hackintosh
  • AMD FX-8350
  • MSI 970 Gaming
  • Catalina 10.15.7
  • Logic Pro X 10.6.0
  • VoodooHDA Kext
  • Used latest version of OpenCore
Logic opens and plays a project for about 15 seconds then crashes; this is the error log with the crash highlighted using my audio interface.

m0e02trzw3161.png

I've disabled all 3rd party plugins and I believe the issue seems to be more from the Logic Sound Library. I've removed & reinstalled the sound library to no avail. Runnign a project with just an mp3 audio track and the Superior Drummer 3 VST has no issues! Not sure what other information is needed. Everything else is working great with the build...audio plays fine from YouTube with no issues.

Joanmatias15

AMD OS X Member
bro, can you please share me your EFI Folder?

leon_kls

AMD OS X Member
I am trying to figure out what is causing Logic Pro X to crash on my recently built Hackintosh
  • AMD FX-8350
  • MSI 970 Gaming
  • Catalina 10.15.7
  • Logic Pro X 10.6.0
  • VoodooHDA Kext
  • Used latest version of OpenCore
Logic opens and plays a project for about 15 seconds then crashes; this is the error log with the crash highlighted using my audio interface.

View attachment 1817

I've disabled all 3rd party plugins and I believe the issue seems to be more from the Logic Sound Library. I've removed & reinstalled the sound library to no avail. Runnign a project with just an mp3 audio track and the Superior Drummer 3 VST has no issues! Not sure what other information is needed. Everything else is working great with the build...audio plays fine from YouTube with no issues.
Hy Mayhemkrew!

Which Audio interface are you using? Logic is working for me under Mojave with a Steinberg ur22mki (USB). I would try a fresh install using only logic and audio interface and if it's working, try installing pluging by pluging to find out which causes the crash.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6877

AMD OS X Member
Hy Mayhemkrew!

Shich Audio interface are you using? Logic is working for me under Mojave with a Steinberg ur22mki (USB). I would try a fresh install using only logic and audio interface and if it's working, try installing pluging by pluging to find out which causes the crash.
I don't believe the audio interface was the cause as the issue would happen without it connected and with just the standard line out/headphone connection. Doesn't matter anyways, I scrapped the whole project because I could not find the solution.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.