[Log:Exitibs:Start] 2022-06014t21:39:19

Haza

AMD OS X Member
Hi!
I use an open core 0.6.1.
So when trying to install mac os, big sure stops at [Log:Exit is:Start] 2022-06014t21:39:19 and freezes, maybe someone has encountered such a problem?

I'll attach the photos
CPU: Athlon 3000g
RAM: Samsung 3x4 12 gb
Motherboard: Msi b450m pro vfh max

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
OpenCore 0.7.1 or newer is required. Also you won't be able to install with the integrated Vega GPU on that CPU. You'll need a dedicated GPU.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi!
I use an open core 0.6.1.
So when trying to install mac os, big sure stops at [Log:Exit is:Start] 2022-06014t21:39:19 and freezes, maybe someone has encountered such a problem?

I'll attach the photos
CPU: Athlon 3000g
RAM: Samsung 3x4 12 gb
Motherboard: Msi b450m pro vfh max

Hi Haza,

It should technically work (as we have sort of solved the AMD IGPU issue only very recently - check the 5800H threads here). I also have a build for my Atari VCS which uses a dual core AMD Ryzen APU which has successfully booted Big Sur and it has a Vega64 SSDT inside you could try. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-atari-vcs-2020-console.309903/

Haza

AMD OS X Member
Hi Haza,

It should technically work (as we have sort of solved the AMD IGPU issue only very recently - check the 5800H threads here). I also have a build for my Atari VCS which uses a dual core AMD Ryzen APU which has successfully booted Big Sur and it has a Vega64 SSDT inside you could try. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-atari-vcs-2020-console.309903/
Thanks for the link to the article, I tried using the EFI from the article, but it still hangs on this line

Haza

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.7.1 or newer is required. Also you won't be able to install with the integrated Vega GPU on that CPU. You'll need a dedicated GPU.
I put opencore 0.7.1 and also put the R7 240 card, but it still hangs on this line

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I put opencore 0.7.1 and also put the R7 240 card, but it still hangs on this line
Using my EFI you need to manually enable the SSDT-Vega64 in ACPI and change the AMD GPU device properties to your R7 240. May also need the radpg=15 in the boot-arg.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
You can also leave the Kernel patch alone, as my Ryzen 1606G is a dual core (but using 4 core kernel setting as there is no dual core setting for AMD Vanilla patch).

Haza

AMD OS X Member
Using my EFI you need to manually enable the SSDT-Vega64 in ACPI and change the AMD GPU device properties to your R7 240. May also need the radpg=15 in the boot-arg.
And can you throw off these files for correction, I just don't have that much knowledge of opencore)

Haza

AMD OS X Member
And if you run the installation on Vega 3 ? Will I need to make changes ?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
And can you throw off these files for correction, I just don't have that much knowledge of opencore)
I could help with this (if you aren't that experienced with OC). What is your device-id for the R7? You can find it typically under Windows Device Manager or Linux under Settings/Display/Property > Hardware IDs.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
And if you run the installation on Vega 3 ? Will I need to make changes ?
Not possible. It's a different set of ids. On AMD setups you must account for the correct installed card.

Haza

AMD OS X Member
I could help with this (if you aren't that experienced with OC). What is your device-id for the R7? You can find it typically under Windows Device Manager or Linux under Settings/Display/Property > Hardware IDs.
Thanks here is the id PCI \VEN_1002&DEV_6610&SUBSYS_04621043&REV_00

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Thanks here is the id PCI \VEN_1002&DEV_6610&SUBSYS_04621043&REV_00

Alright @Haza

I have created an EFI for your chipset - hopefully it should work for Big Sur.
We don't need to enable the Vega64 SSDT as I am using a new alternative setting
and the card is set to your Vega 64 so it should work.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    48.7 MB · Views: 9

Haza

AMD OS X Member
Alright @Haza

Thanks he stopped hanging on this line, but he now stops at memory panic.
Here's a picture
What could be the problem ?

Last edited:

Haza

AMD OS X Member
Alright @Haza

What could be the problem with memory panic ?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Alright @Haza, I've checked the file made some more changes.
See if this works. >

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    48.7 MB · Views: 2
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.