League of Legends on Catalina

itxtoledo

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I'm just saying that I tested and managed to play LoL perfectly with my ryzentosh.

My setup:

Mobo: X370GTN
VGA: RX580 4gb Nitro
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
RAM: 16gb

Run with the same performance as Windows.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 08.00.47.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 08.00.47.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 35

Kylex89

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I'm just saying that I tested and managed to play LoL perfectly with my ryzentosh.

My setup:

Mobo: X370GTN
VGA: RX580 4gb Nitro
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
RAM: 16gb

Run with the same performance as Windows.

How did you manage that? Did you do something specifically? I'm wondering because I'm getting significantly less FPS on my ryzentosh vs. my PC.

dzigg

AMD OS X Member
Would like to know also. I have a vega 56 and playing Fortnite (just to test fps :rolleyes: ) and it's getting 20-30 fps on low..
I dual boot to windows so I always go to windows to game, but just a nagging feeling that my hackintosh is not performing as it should be.

Jae

AMD OS X Member
Tested LoL on my hackintosh (see stuff & version in my signature) and it run smoothly with an average of 130FPS at any time in the game.
Weirdly enough, some game like Minecraft can't go higher than 30-40 FPS.

I think the Kext that allowed that to run was RadeonBoost.kext (to be confirmed).

L4ndoNorris

AMD OS X Member
What about RTX 3080? Its better than AMD. There is no problem to install os x

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Update to the latest AMD kernel patches, those fix the degraded GPU performance back to where they should be.

@Jae RadeonBoost.kext does not work for Navi since the 10.15.5 patch and Apple completely locked it out with Big Sur. And it mostly improved performance for benchmarks like Geekbench, but not for actual games

@L4ndoNorris RTX cards are not working on macOS

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.