Kext for Aquantia AQC111C 5Gbit LAN NIC?

agent2

Donator
Donator
Hey everybody, I was wondering if someone was developing a kext for the 5Gbit Aquantia AQC111C LAN chip found on the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula and the (non-AMD) Asus Prime X299-Deluxe II.
I have the former and after some digging I only found one thread on the German Hackintosh forum about the X299 board. I think they were able to post some sort of experimental drivers and not really come to a conclusion.
I have the thread linked below and it would be really helpful if someone could find further information about this NIC. It would be a serious deal-breaker for me if there is no macOS solution to getting it to work.
Cheers everybody and thanks in advance!
https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/40843-asus-prime-x299-deluxe-ii/?pageNo=1

PS: I already posted this in the Discord and in the development discussion part of this forum, but the admins blocked it for some reason as I am reposting it in this sub-forum here.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I read through the thread you‘ve linked, conclusion seems to be that the Apple Driver is just not compatible with this hardware.

agent2

Donator
Donator
I read through the thread you‘ve linked, conclusion seems to be that the Apple Driver is just not compatible with this hardware.
Alright so my question is if THIS community can work something out and solve this problem by grabbing the Linux driver or something engineering a macOS solution out of it.
That would be awesome!

agent2

Donator
Donator
Could we just spoof the ID if the NIC like with GPUs? That would make more sense or not? Have the AQC111C show up as an AQC107 or so and just use half the bandwidth.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
They seemed to have tried this but it didn't work. sx1 studied the Linxu drivers and found that there is different code to support either card separately, so the AQC111C cannot re-use the driver of the AQC107.

You'd probably have to port the Linux driver to MacOS, which can easily be months of work.

agent2

Donator
Donator
They seemed to have tried this but it didn't work. sx1 studied the Linxu drivers and found that there is different code to support either card separately, so the AQC111C cannot re-use the driver of the AQC107.

You'd probably have to port the Linux driver to MacOS, which can easily be months of work.

As niche as this NIC currently is (my motherboard being the only AM4 board with it), I hope this chip gets more attention from the current X299 users and more mainstream users as some Z490 models such as the MAXIMUS XII Hero sport this chip too. So there is hope that more users address this and I will try to get the Hackintosh-Forum.de crew back into looking at it. ApfelNico got pretty far but it’s sad that he gave up pretty quickly.
So see you there! ;)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.