Kernel Panic

MartoBTW

AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Please list your systems specs and attach an image of the kernel panic.

MartoBTW

AMD OS X Member
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard ASROCK A320M-HDV R4.0
GPU RX 580 8gb

146690003_803479846870432_7173368029930903760_n.jpg

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
What kexts are you using?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@MartoBTW Seems ok there. Can you zip and upload your EFI folder.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try with this,

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 48

g3llings

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

I am having the same exact panic(CPU X Caller issue and cannot find a solution anywhere. I followed the same guide and I have also checked my config.plist with the sanity checker as well and everything seems to be in order, but I must be missing something. I have attached my EFI in a zip. Wondering if we have a common issue, or if I just missed something. Any help is appreciated!

I am on an MSI B550 with Ryzen 3600 + RX 580

Thanks!

Edit: my EFI folder is about 28MB where it says yours are both around 2MB so it won't let me upload. Could you tell me what the attempted fix was? I will have to figure out why one of my Intel kext is so large

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Why is your EFI folder so large?
what kexts do you have in there?

If you are using open canopy then delete all the audio from the audio folder in resources and if you using the openintelWiFi and Bluetooth kexts then remove them too and send over your EFI.

g3llings

AMD OS X Member
Why is your EFI folder so large?
what kexts do you have in there?

If you are using open canopy then delete all the audio from the audio folder in resources and if you using the openintelWiFi and Bluetooth kexts then remove them too and send over your EFI.

I have attached the EFI minus IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and Airportitlwm.kext. I also had nvmefix.kext at one point but read that could cause an issue so I removed the kext and removed it from the config.plist but the same panic remains.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 6.38.08 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 10

g3llings

AMD OS X Member
Also, I realized I said it's an MSI board before, but its actually an ASRock B550AM Gaming. I've been looking for an older MacPro to upgrade, but I picked up a pre-built CyberpowerPC for $400 just 2 days ago and thought it would be a great fit! Couldn't believe the deal, I wouldn't be able to find this price even before the GPU and Silicon shortage! It's only 6 months old and been used for about half that time. The guy said his son bought it last year and then decided to build one himself.

Hwinfo reports the board as an MSI for some reason, so I noticed after looking at the mobo that it's an ASRock. It also reports the RX580 as an XFX but it's an HIS, gpu-z also reports the card as XFX so I'm assuming the board I'd must be the same.

Last edited:

g3llings

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod any luck? I'm still struggling with this. I'm new to this site and also wondering if it notifies when someone comments on the thread after you because I never got notifications about your comment after I posted.

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
Try.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.4 MB · Views: 34
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.