iServices not working on fresh Catalina 1.15.4 install

74V0C

AMD OS X Member
I recently followed the Vanilla OS X AMD guide on this site to create a Hackintosh, overall everything went pretty smoothly, booted and installed with no hiccups, even got it to multi boot with windows and linux. The operating system boots just fine, logs into the desktop with no problems, and has pretty much all functionality, recognizes my GPU and all that. The problem I'm having is when I try to log into an iCloud account via system settings I get the error "This Apple ID is valid but not and iCloud account." iMessage and FaceTime give activation failed errors. Oddly enough, I am able to sign in to the App Store and download apps, as well as iTunes. I followed all the steps in the open core desktop guide, fixing iServices section, probably generated and tried 15 different SMBIOS serial #s/UUIDs. I've been working on this for quite a while now and am getting frustrated, I actually fresh installed this 3 times with different platform IDs, file systems etc in hopes of finding the perfect combination. I'm running macOS Catalina 1.15.4 with open core 0.5.8, my specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
MSi B350M GAMING PRO
AMD RX570 4GB
512GB Samsung NVME SSD, 1TB WD HDD(macOS is on this one)
Realtek RTL111 internet, connected via wired connection, shows up as En0
16(2x8)GB of 2400Mhz DDR4 RAM

The email I used for my Apple ID is my school email account, it ends in @student.purdueglobal.edu. Not sure if that helps. the Apple ID is fairly new, have not used it on another apple product, but have logged into it online, accepted all the EULA, ToS, etc, even added a payment method and 2FA in hopes of somehow "verifying" my account haha. I have a decent amount of knowledge as far as general computing, but am something of a "n00b" when it comes to Hackintoshes, so bear with me. :)

Let me know if you need any more information to diagnose the problem.

Jayc3Ca0

AMD OS X Member
Appreciate the response, but yes, that was one of the first things I checked. Everything is in order in that respect.
Let me describe my experience. Several days ago, I cannot open the apps installed through App Store but purchased before installing hackintosh (yeah, apps purchased on the hackintosh are normal). It told me the app has damaged and install again to fix it. But it still didn't work.
So I marked the Wireless card as built-in by injecting device properties and everything work well.
Hope my experience will give you revelation

74V0C

AMD OS X Member
Let me describe my experience. Several days ago, I cannot open the apps installed through App Store but purchased before installing hackintosh (yeah, apps purchased on the hackintosh are normal). It told me the app has damaged and install again to fix it. But it still didn't work.
So I marked the Wireless card as built-in by injecting device properties and everything work well.
Hope my experience will give you revelation
Interesting.....maybe I should give it another look. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the tip!

74V0C

AMD OS X Member
Appreciate the response, but yes, that was one of the first things I checked. Everything is in order in that respect.
Ok, marked ethernet as built in, and the issue still persists. No WiFi on this system.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.