Is there any information on sleep\wake support for AMD on x570 chipset?

nrudnyk

AMD OS X Member
Mine doesn't want to go to sleep... maybe there's some common suggestions?

barrrrt

AMD OS X Member
The sleep problems on x570 Boards are known. Sometimes deactivating one Controller helps. But Community is still searching

Last edited:

tung_opeth

AMD OS X Member
no fix, there is someone on facebook hackintosh group call Liponade Gemboyz something something claims he can make the x470 rog strix goes sleep but he never shared the secret

nrudnyk

AMD OS X Member
thanks for the information. If there's will appear a solution please let me know, or if i will found one, i will definitely post here.

Landi.erik

AMD OS X Member
Hi Guys,

I’ve been a member at the old forum and just got up to speed on the new forum after taking a little break (3 months) and I still see this issue popping up everywhere. Well I do have a work around solution, if you can live with half your USB ports (or sometimes all) you can get functional sleep.

The issue stems from the 15 port USB limit/USB controller naming schemes, please check out this old forum post I did explaining that a USBKill.kext was created and worked for me. https://amd-osx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56550#p56550

Let me know if this helps. Everything on my build is working outside of Applewatch Unlock (Continuity works, but the unlock is flakey as hell).

Last edited:

rdymond

AMD OS X Member
Hi Guys,

I’ve been a member at the old forum and just got up to speed on the new forum after taking a little break (3 months) and I still see this issue popping up everywhere. Well I do have a work around solution, if you can live with half your USB ports (or sometimes all) you can get functional sleep.

The issue stems from the 15 port USB limit/USB controller naming schemes, please check out this old forum post I did explaining that a USBKill.kext was created and worked for me. https://amd-osx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56550#p56550

Let me know if this helps. Everything on my build is working outside of Applewatch Unlock (Continuity works, but the unlock is flakey as hell).

Thanks I took a look at the thread. However I run USB mic, USB audio hub and a USB webcam. None are USB 3.0 devices but USB operation itself is critical to using my system.

Landi.erik

AMD OS X Member
Thanks I took a look at the thread. However I run USB mic, USB audio hub and a USB webcam. None are USB 3.0 devices but USB operation itself is critical to using my system.

So mine only disabled the second USB chipset that’s attached to the PCIxExpress bus off the CPU. Not the dedicated USB3 lanes that are coming from the Zen CPU itself. My internal USB buses are working fine as well. There is a third option... supposedly you can fix it with USB mapping but it’s kind of a pain.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.