Is there a way to show which version of OpenCore is running?

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
While I was upgrading from OC 0.6.0 to O.6.1, a question occurred to me: Is there a tool or CLI command that can tell me which version of OpenCore is running on my system? While I am reasonably sure that I performed the upgrade correctly, I'd be interested to be able to confirm that OC 0.6.1 is actually running. Its nothing critical for me, just a curiosity.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Run this in Terminal,

Code:
nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I know I'm booting with 0.6.0 (0.6.1 upcoming) but the command burps up

Code:
nvram: Error getting variable - '4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version': (iokit/common) data was not found

Hackintool even says I've booted with 0.0 :) but everything is fine so I'm not worried. Have tried resetting the nvram but no dice. Oh well. Quick edit: this has something to do with the ExposeSensitiveData variable in config.plist - I have apparently set it pretty strict/default.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You can change the ExposeSensitiveData setting in your config to fix that.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2020-09-12 at 00.21.29.png

Excuse the potato quality, but I had to film it because these messages don't get stored in the bootlog. It's OpenCore 0.6.1 (Debug Version) and I get these messages. I have googled and checked the docs but can't find what triggers them. This is on my test usb stick, which boots fine however.

edit I clearly need to dig into the sample.plist that came with 0.6.1 some more ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.