Is my hardware supported?

shubh_007

AMD OS X Member
Hey,

Following are my PC specs. I have been trying to install Hackintosh since past few days but unable to do so. Please help.
CPU - AMD FX-8320
GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB DDR5
Motherboard - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
RAM - Gskill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3
Current OS - Windows 2

I am trying to Install Catalina 10.15.6 but unable to even boot the USB. Booting from USB-HDD gets stuck at Verifying DMI Pool data.

1. Used guide - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/installer-guide/winblows-install.html
2. Downloaded - 001-36801 - 10.15.6 macOS Catalina - using gibMacOS.bat
3. Created the BOOT USB using MakeInstall.bat - [drive number]O
4. SSDT-EC.aml creation steps used on SSDTTime.bat
  • Selected 7 to dump system DSDT
  • Seleted 2 to create SSDT-EC.aml - FakeEC
5. Used Sample.plist from - https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases
6. Configured the config.plist file using ProperTree.bat by following the guide at - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/#creating-your-config-plist
7. Now my final EFI looks like this

- EFI
- BOOT
- BOOTx64.efi
- OC
- ACPI
- SSDT-EC.aml
- Bootstrap
- Bootstrap.efi
- Drivers
- HfsPlus.efi
- OpenRuntime.efi
- Kexts
- AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
- Lilu.kext
- NVMeFix.kext
- RealtekRTL8111.kext
- VirtualSMC.kext
- VoodooHDA.kext
- WhateverGreen.kext
- XLNCUSBFix.kext
- Resources
- Audio (empty)​
- Font (empty)​
- Image (empty)​
- Label (empty)​
- Tools
- OpenShell.efi
- config.plist
- OpenCore.efi
- boot
photo_2020-09-03_03-58-51.jpgphoto_2020-09-03_03-58-54.jpgphoto_2020-09-03_03-58-58.jpgphoto_2020-09-03_03-58-56.jpgphoto_2020-09-03_03-59-00.jpgphoto_2020-09-03_03-59-04.jpgphoto_2020-09-03_03-59-06.jpg

Questions?
1. Not sure what I should be using
1. SSDT-EC.aml or​
2. SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml or​
3. SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX.aml​
2. Do I need to use SSDT-CPUR.aml?
3. Any setttings or method that I need to changed to get it working? I really appreciate the help. Thank you!

Attachments

• config.plist
    39.4 KB · Views: 0

Raf

AMD OS X Member
Hi shubh_007,

I believe I have a similar Motherboard as you do, GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 6.0), with the BIOS Rev. F2. The only difference appears to be USB 3.0 vs USB 3.1. The board is paired with an FX-8350, 32 Gigs of generic RAM, & a GT 1030 (so, I'd be limited to HighSierra). I'm awaiting a new Fenvi Wi-Fi card, as well as a few older Quadro graphics cards to try Catalina on this.

I'm running into the same issue as you are, failing to progress after the DMI bit...

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you.

I'm suspecting an issue with the format of the USB; however, I honestly don't know. I'm copying older macOS install apps from my iMac @ Work in case the formatting is suspect.

I've tried SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml, but will have to restart my config once I get home. This system was previously running HighSierra with the old Clover methods (once) detailed here, but I borked it while trying to upgrade a while ago & never had to revisit it until now. I'm trying to resuscitate it using the OpenCore guides.

I'll let you know if I make any progress on it.

Best of luck,

--Raf

Raf

AMD OS X Member
Hi again shubh_007,

My issue appears to be with the installer. I had attempted to create it following the on-line instructions using my Win10 NUC. As I mentioned previously I was suspicious with the format of the USB. I recreated the installer using gibMacOS from the same hardware booted off of the old AMD Sierra install.

I also recalled to run the OpenCore / Utilities / LegacyBoot / BootInstall.command to install DuetPkg, I suspect one of these actions got me past the hang onto the next troubleshooting step...

Prior to the display of any boot menu, I get the following error...

ASSERT [OpenCore] /Users/travis/build/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/UDK/MdePkg/Library/BaseIoLibIntrinsic/
IoLibGcc.c(152): (Port & 3) == 0

The system simply hangs after that until I forcefully reset it.

Well, there's my update for you. I'm gonna try rebuilding the USB installer & try again.

Best of luck,

--Raf

SiD10

AMD OS X Member
Hi shubh_007,

I am stuck on the same DMI verify screen. I am using openCore for MAC installation on AMD FX 4100 with GA-78LMT-S2 (rev. 1.1) . I found that this need legacy settings. tried the same BIOS setting as yours. But not able to get into openCore options. I am so frustrated with this. I really dont know how to get it booted.

If you found solution please share.

shubh_007

AMD OS X Member
Hi shubh_007,

I am stuck on the same DMI verify screen. I am using openCore for MAC installation on AMD FX 4100 with GA-78LMT-S2 (rev. 1.1) . I found that this need legacy settings. tried the same BIOS setting as yours. But not able to get into openCore options. I am so frustrated with this. I really dont know how to get it booted.

If you found solution please share.
After spending days trying to figure out how to get it working I gave up. I’m no more trying to install MacOS on my current system. Maybe next time I build my PC I’ll choose components that are compatible with it. If you somehow get it to work do let me know here. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.