Is It Safe To Upgrade to 12.2?

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Is it safe to upgrade from 12.1 to 12.2 if opencore and all kexts are up to date?

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm gonna hold off until braver people than I have gone before me. 😅

jberdan

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Est-il sûr de passer de 12.1 à 12.2 si opencore et tous les kexts sont à jour ?
Opencore et Kexts à jour je n'ai eu aucune difficulté pour cette mise à jour.
Petit bémol ,toutefois, pour une mise à jour de moins de 2 Go j'ai trouvé cela très long! (26 minutes et 3 redémarrages après la fin du téléchargement ...)

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you for the heads up

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Opencore et Kexts à jour je n'ai eu aucune difficulté pour cette mise à jour.
Petit bémol ,toutefois, pour une mise à jour de moins de 2 Go j'ai trouvé cela très long! (26 minutes et 3 redémarrages après la fin du téléchargement ...)

Tranlastion:
Opencore and Kexts up-to-date I had no difficulty with this update.
Small downside, however, for an update of less than 2 GB I found it very long! (26 minutes and 3 reboots after download finished...)

That is around the normal timeframe and number of reboots this update requires on an Intel Hack & on my iMac18,1. More powerful systems may be up to 5+ minutes faster, but with the same number of reboots.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Of course it's safe :D

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
SmallTree still dead?

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Weird ****: I start the upgrade from System Preferences. It downloads 12.2, then takes about 15 minutes preparing, then wants to restart. It then does about twenty minutes "of something" underneath the black screen / Apple logo... then presents me with the regular login screen... which is still 12.1 and it offers to download the update again. No reboots in betweetn. Did it twice just now. Latest OC 0.77 and latest kexts.

Help? I guess?

Allright, third time a charm. I think that something went wrong first time around and the temporary update partition was throwing a spanner in the works. It updated correctly now, with the expected time in between and reboots. ¯\(ツ)

Last edited:

jberdan

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
SmallTree toujours mort ?
OUI, moi j'utilise 'AppleI2xx.kext' depuis plusieurs semaines et cela fonctionne très bien avec ma carte mère qui est la même que la vôtre!

Attachments

• AppleI2xx.kext.zip
    69.5 KB · Views: 2

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just to report, that all 3 of my machines that I tried updated to 12.2 with no issues, all I did was make sure opencore and all kekts are up to date. I did notice it was a long update for how small it was

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Just to note. 12.3 beta 21E5196i also works fine with current patches. However AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext is required.

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
12.2 confirmed running under OC 0.7.7

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just to note. 12.3 beta 21E5196i also works fine with current patches. However AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext is required.
where do i download the AppleMCEReportDisabler.kext?

Disregard... I found it... one of the links to it on dortania guide was dead, found it on another link

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It seems to be ok for me too. I lauched several apps and all look like to be ok.
The bluetooth is not perfect for me for the moment, but if you have a pb, here they can help you quickly.
Most of the time i am on Big sur.

Last edited:

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
were you able to get screen mirroring and universal control to work on 12.3? Under 12.2 I was able to screen mirror to my apple tv 4k (But not to any of my M1 Ipads) but now its just blank screen then errors like it does on the ipads.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Updated to the 12.3 beta with nothing other than the AppleMCEReportDisabler.kext that Shaneee mentioned.

On another note, is there a way to modify the Memory Speed in the About This Mac, it is DDR4 4133, (its running at 4133 but it shows here as 2666 and its messing with my OCD)???
Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 2.35.32 PM.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
MacOS is probably just picking up the base speed of the memory. Does it show the correct speed in the System Information > Memory report?

4133MHz RAM is probably the speed of the memory with XMP or DOCP, as used on AMD systems, enabled in the bios.

Have you made sure this option is available and enabled in your Bios?

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
MacOS is probably just picking up the base speed of the memory. Does it show the correct speed in the System Information > Memory report?

4133MHz RAM is probably the speed of the memory with XMP or DOCP, as used on AMD systems, enabled in the bios.

Have you made sure this option is available and enabled in your Bios?
Yes, it is enabled in bios. Checking in system report is shows it as 2666 as well, but if you boot into windows, it shows at correct speed.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Are you using the RestictEvents.kext? Maybe using that kext might help.

Also here are methods used to change the CPU name in About this Mac (other than with the RestrictEvents.kext), which I am sure could be adapted to do the same for your memory speed, if you really want to go that far.

IIRC, you would need to disable SIP and reset Nvram, AppleSystemInfo.framework needs to be copied to the desktop before it can be edited, a new snapshot of the Monterey/Big Sur drive has to be created which includes the edited framework, you then need to make sure you boot from the new snapshot.

This to me sounded like a lot of faffing for not a lot of gain, and what gain there is only being cosmetic in nature. But in case you really want to do this here is a thread that helped someone rename their CPU - https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/processor-unknown.1389/

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.