IS it possiable to do latest vm software on amd hackintosh

crazycomputer

AMD OS X Member
HI this is my first post

SO i was wondering that can a kext be make to extend mac os kernal in a way that will enable virtual vtx/vtd rebind so the intel mac only software can be run on amd hackintosh

My idea is we can build a kext to fool intel mac only software and when the kernal call for vm instruction thing in cpu. It can remap or translate that back and ford on the fly

also while we are at it can we add pcie pass through as well that will be nice

thx

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
That would be heavens gate can we add like points to this request or something lol ^^^

HoshiYamazaki

AMD OS X Member
Not really without big effort, this is why nobody done it before for small population of AMD OSX community.

Clint

AMD OS X Member
I just signed up to ask the same question.

We need to map MacOS's calls to
  • Intel Virtualization Technology (VT, VT-x, vmx) extensions
And translate them to:
  • AMD Virtualization (AMD-V, SVM) extensions
So AppleHV will work.

I'm new to the back space, but not software dev...looks complicated after digging into Kext a bit.

Last edited:

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Not an answer to your question, but a tip for anyone looking to run a VM. I have tried VMware and virtual box and vbox is the only one I seem to get working correctly. I have windows 11 running in one, only issue is that it uses basic svga drivers so gaming wouldn’t happen. But vbox is free and works on amd

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I wonder if the AMD/Intel calls could be fixed through RestrictEvents.kext , but won't be holding my breath for it. :)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.