Intermittent Slow Boots [SOLVED]

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello to all of you.
Details of my built can be found in my signature below.
I am getting intermittently slow boot times, more frequently at cold boots. It does not happen all the time. Some times it boots very fast, and some other times it needs 5 minutes to boot.
I have got a boot log from Hackintool which I attach herewith, but I am not so well familiar with code and I cannot understand 100% what is causing the slow boot and how to fix it.
All I can understand is that I see a lot of entries for IOAudioEngine, and some entries for itlwm.

I don't know if it helps but when I get the slow boot, I also have a problem with my wifi when I get into the desktop. I need to switch it off and on again to make it work (using the slider at the top bar of Macos). When the boot is fast, my wifi works perfectly when I log in to the desktop.

I know I am asking a lot, but is it possible for someone that understands the boot logs to have a quick look and let me have his opinion on how to solve the matter?

I thank you so much in advance for your assistance.

Attachments

• Boot Log.pdf
    185.7 KB · Views: 1

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So I think I found what the problem was. My main two drives (I have dual boot win10 and macOS) are two SSDs.
I had an old and slow M.2 drive lying around so I said why not use it just as storage, so I installed same on the M.2 slot of my motherboard.
This is when the problems started.
I took it out and no more slow boots.

Do you know why? Should I use any specific kext or any boot entry/config.plist entry?

Just to clarify I was NOT using this M.2 as my boot drive.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.