Solved Installing Big Sur on Ryzen

Lsx285

AMD OS X Member
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to install Big Sur 11.3 on my SFF PC.
However, I'm stuck on this screen when trying to boot the recovery thingy.

image0.jpg

Can someone take a look at my EFI folder?

Specs
Ryzen 5600x
RX 6800 Reference
Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX (Version F13i)
Crucial P2 1TB SSD

EDIT:// for some reason catalina works.. wtf?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
EDIT:// for some reason catalina works.. wtf?

It won't fully work. Your GPU required Big Sur 11.4 which is only in the first stages of the beta. You'll either need to use the beta to make an install USB or wait for it to release.

Lsx285

AMD OS X Member
It won't fully work. Your GPU required Big Sur 11.4 which is only in the first stages of the beta. You'll either need to use the beta to make an install USB or wait for it to release.
Yea, ik. Luckily I'm able to boot into Catalina (without gpu acceleration etc. obviously) and I'm making an full/offline installer for 11.4 Beta 1 rn.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
So I have managed to boot into the very last stages of macOS 11.3 on my 5900X & 6800XT on my B500 Vision D. The problem is that I have gotten to the very last point, and gioScreenLockState appears. Have tried almost everything including adding the above patches and agdpmod=ignore (from Dortania guide for the error) and I have no way of getting past it. I also get a AGDCC: Unauthorized client 'PerfPowerService' error on some test boots. It's a big issue that needs to be looked at.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
So I have managed to boot into the very last stages of macOS 11.3 on my 5900X & 6800XT on my B500 Vision D. The problem is that I have gotten to the very last point, and gioScreenLockState appears. Have tried almost everything including adding the above patches and agdpmod=ignore (from Dortania guide for the error) and I have no way of getting past it. I also get a AGDCC: Unauthorized client 'PerfPowerService' error on some test boots. It's a big issue that needs to be looked at.

6800XT requires 11.4 beta. 11.3 didn't include support for the GPU.

slehc84

AMD OS X Member
also you will need agdpmod=pikera .

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.