Installed Big Sur, No sleep, No Audio

Bjar

AMD OS X Member
So I have a perfect Catalina install and decided to install Big Sur on an external drive to test. I removed my USB mapping and used the new AMD patches and it boots fine, however, sleep doesn't work, it isn't even an option in the Energy Saver settings, and my firewire audio interface no longer works. Driver is installed and it shows that it is connected. I can output audio via airplay to a HomePod though. Any help with sleep and audio would be appreciated. Note: The Focusrite does not say anything about Big Sur being supported, so that may be the issue. Thanks!

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
AMD 2700X
Saphire 5600XT
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 audio interface

savage001

AMD OS X Member
If you removed your USB port mapping that may be causing the sleep issues. Redo your port mapping on big sur and try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bjar

AMD OS X Member
If you removed your USB port mapping that may be causing the sleep issues. Redo your port mapping on big sur and try again.

Tried that. It won't boot at all if I add back in the USB mapping. I may just wait until there is more support out there.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Maybe try re doing your port mapping in big sur? Not using an old one.

Bjar

AMD OS X Member
Maybe try re doing your port mapping in big sur? Not using an old one.

I will probably eventually try that if nothing else works. The audio is more important to me and I don't want to spend the countless hours I spend mapping the ports in Calatlina, although maybe it will be a little easier now that I kind of know what I am doing. Thanks.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Mapping USB ports doesn’t take too long.
How are you injecting your layout id for audio? Which codec and what layout have you tried?
Do you have latest Lilu and AppleALC?

Bjar

AMD OS X Member
I am using a firewire audio interface, the focus rite Saffire pro 40, for audio. I have the latest Lilu and ApplALC althought I don't think that matters much for a firewire device. Drivers from focus rite are installed but I just think they are not supported under Big Sur. It is a legacy device and I think they were just nice enough to provide drivers under Catalina. Although, in Big Sur it shows up as a selectable audio output device and everything looks normal on the system report in about this Mac. Ill keep searching online for non-hackintosh users that may be having the same problem. Nothing yet.

Bjar

AMD OS X Member
Sleep is working now, remapped usb. FireWire audio still not working. Drivers and everything load fine, the Safire is recognized as a sound device, just no audio. It works perfectly in Catalina. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I do get this message when booting Big Sur, that I do not see when booting Catalina: Fire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure

Last edited:

SkuPa

AMD OS X Member
Sleep is working now, remapped usb. FireWire audio still not working. Drivers and everything load fine, the Safire is recognized as a sound device, just no audio. It works perfectly in Catalina. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I do get this message when booting Big Sur, that I do not see when booting Catalina: Fire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure
Do you use Shaneee's patch to increase GPU performance? It It can cause audio issues when using HDMI and DP audio. Try Algrey's original patch. Don't try to use them both at the same time.

Bjar

AMD OS X Member
Do you use Shaneee's patch to increase GPU performance? It It can cause audio issues when using HDMI and DP audio. Try Algrey's original patch. Don't try to use them both at the same time.
I am using a FireWire interface for audio, not hdmi or DP.

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
You may try this for audio.

Bjar

AMD OS X Member
You may try this for audio.

Don;t think that will help with firewire audio

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
If the audio output for the system is out of synch there are a few items like the kernel patches, HDAU and ALC layouts that can correct it in most cases. Even though you are using one device over the other, proper layouts for each can affect the performance of the other non used device or output.

Firewire, is it a PCI slot card? Maybe you need to create a SSDT for the firewire?

Bjar

AMD OS X Member
Hrm I’ll look into it. Worked perfectly under Catalina. May just wait a bit on Big Sur.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.