I would want to have a ryzentosh with 5600x

Qi24i

AMD OS X Member
Hello everybody,I'm a gamer and "music producer" (not a famous one, obvious)
I've been using mac os, for music production, since 2011 and now I got a brand new pc build.
I'm asking here just to know if it is compatible and how should I proceed for installing Big Sur.
My PC:

Mobo: x570 asus tuf gaming plus (nowifi)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: xfx rx 580 4gb (yeah I know, it's not a master race, but hey have you tried to get a gpu during these days, lol)
RAM: Patriot Viper CL18 3600Mhz xmp 2.0
SSD: 1x vnand ssd samsung nvme m.2 970 evo plus 500GB, 1x kingston a500 normal ssd 480gb

Is my gear compatible for ryzentosh?

Will I be able to use Logic Pro for my old projects?

And last of all, if it's possible to, can anyone teach me (even under a fee) how to install ryzentosh on this machine.

Thank you guys, this place seems to be good and not toxic at all.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Your hardware is good to go buddy.
Everything is compatible and your have no trouble using Logic.
I can’t answer about the plugins you use though but NI, Logics in built, FabFilter, izotope plugins are all solid too.
Wavelab and Cubase is a nogo but ableton is Sweet.
I hope that helps you out bud. :)

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
According to the GPU Buyers guide there can be compatibility issues with Polaris cards from XFX, so keep that in mind if you run into issues.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Aluveitie Thats old news now, My friend runs a XFX Polaris hack build that I set up for him a month or so ago and it was no more trouble then any other Polaris card.
That Buyers guide needs updating TBH just like the Vanilla guide does too.

Qi24i

AMD OS X Member
Your hardware is good to go buddy.
Everything is compatible and your have no trouble using Logic.
I can’t answer about the plugins you use though but NI, Logics in built, FabFilter, izotope plugins are all solid too.
Wavelab and Cubase is a nogo but ableton is Sweet.
I hope that helps you out bud. :)
Thank you for the quick answer. Can you help me with ryzentosh installation? Is there any link where I can find Vanilla guides? I read about vanilla installation to be very clean.

Qi24i

AMD OS X Member
@Aluveitie Thats old news now, My friend runs a XFX Polaris hack build that I set up for him a month or so ago and it was no more trouble then any other Polaris card.
Great, it sounds so good to know this. Thank you.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Last edited:

Qi24i

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you buddy, tou are too kind, really appreciate.
It says that it's 10.5 compatible. Maybe the guide must be updated, since I read in our description that you are running big sur 11.1
That’s what I meant eairler when I said the vanilla guide needs updating...lol
Its relevant the don’t worry buddy. There’s also a section on Big Sur within the guide but the link I sent you is the correct one to follow. 👍

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
XFX has a history of making cards with incompatible bios. There are some XFX 580 cards that have a bad bios, their RX 460-560 don’t work either. The FatBoy RX 590 has the same issue.
I have a reference XFX RX 480 and it has always been fine but a few of their top tier cooler cards have bad bios and you need to flash the bios to get them to work.

Their R9 and many of their other HD7xxx carss have the same issue. When it comes to XFX cards it’s always a toss up at launch whether they will work in MacOS.

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
According to the GPU Buyers guide there can be compatibility issues with Polaris cards from XFX, so keep that in mind if you run into issues.
Sapphire has a chinese market version of the RX580 the 2048sp model it has a bad bios.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
XFX has a history of making cards with incompatible bios. There are some XFX 580 cards that have a bad bios, their RX 460-560 don’t work either. The FatBoy RX 590 has the same issue.
I have a reference XFX RX 480 and it has always been fine but a few of their top tier cooler cards have bad bios and you need to flash the bios to get them to work.

Their R9 and many of their other HD7xxx carss have the same issue. When it comes to XFX cards it’s always a toss up at launch whether they will work in MacOS.
I see, So for My friends XFX was basically blind luck That it worked OTB with no issues?
In that case that was lucky..lol

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.