I wants to build a ryzentosh PC šŸ˜

shantanu

AMD OS X Member
Hlw guys I am new member here. Please help me. Is it possible to make a ryzentosh build with my config?
  • Processor: Ryzen 7 3700x
  • GPU: XFX RX570 8GB
  • Audio: Realtek
  • Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Carbon pro ac
  • SSD: 256GB
  • Network: Interl(R) l211 Gigabit Network Connection
  • Wi-Fi: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz
Thanks in advance.

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
That hardware should get you a functioning Hackintosh. But for Handoff, Continuity and Airdrop functionality, you should replace the intel WIFI module with one like the BCM94360NG, which will work OOTB.

Edit: Sorry, I should add, that you might run into issues with your XFX graphics card. The GPU Buyers Guide says that XFX branded hardware has issues with MacOS, even though the RX570 is MacOS compatible.

Last edited:

shantanu

AMD OS X Member
That hardware should get you a functioning Hackintosh. But for Handoff, Continuity and Airdrop functionality, you should replace the intel WIFI module with one like the BCM94360NG, which will work OOTB.

Edit: Sorry, I should add, that you might run into issues with your XFX graphics card. The GPU Buyers Guide says that XFX branded hardware has issues with MacOS, even though the RX570 is MacOS compatible.
Thank you so much for your explanation..
So if i wants to install install macOS without any trouble then i should change my Wi-Fi card and GPU!

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Thank you so much for your explanation..
So if i wants to install install macOS without any trouble then i should change my Wi-Fi card and GPU!
Well, you don't necessarily need to change your Wifi card. MacOS will install successfully without it, you just won't have Handoff, Continuity, and Airdrop functionality. Some people don't need or want those features.

It is possible that your current GPU might still work though. Per the GPU buyers guide, SOME people have issues with with XFX branded graphics cards. Perhaps those issues have been resolved. So give it a try before buying a new GPU.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.