I can not install hackintosh on my computer

anjy

AMD OS X Member
I have a feeling as if the internet is very slow here.

anjy

AMD OS X Member
Dude, thanks a lot for your help. I'm writing from a Mac right now. Then I connected the sound myself, only the CPU is displayed incorrectly, I hope this is not critical :D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 06.17.27.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 06.17.27.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 10

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Dude, thanks a lot for your help. I'm writing from a Mac right now. Then I connected the sound myself, only the CPU is displayed incorrectly, I hope this is not critical :D

Congratulations.

As Apple have never supported an AMD processor, it won't display correctly. If you download Hackintool, it should display the correct specs.

Also, check your Bios settings against what is in Dortania as per below.

AMD BIOS Settings
#Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • Compatibility Support Module (CSM)(Must be off, GPU errors like gIO are common when this option in enabled)
Special note for 3990X users: macOS currently does not support more than 64 threads in the kernel, and so will kernel panic if it sees more. The 3990X CPU has 128 threads total and so requires half of that disabled. We recommend disabling hyper threading in the BIOS for these situations.

#Enable
  • Above 4G decoding(This must be on, if you can't find the option then add npci=0x2000 to boot-args. Do not have both this option and npci enabled at the same time)
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
Also. if you need to start again with a fresh 16GB stick, check out Sunny's (TechTunerLife) guide on Youtube. It goes for 90mins. Well worth it for Noobs.

jthunternz

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Awesome man! So glad you got it all working. If you're a perfectionist similar to myself you can do something like this.
Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 12.58.08 PM.png

Follow Shanes tutorial about changing the CPU name, and if you wanna change the image you can google a tutorial about that :)

Anyway moving forward make backups of your EFI and try to get things to run stable

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.