[How To] Make Matlab (Mostly) Functional

jackokie

AMD OS X Member
The fix is divided in two parts, as a prerequisite disable SIP for now:

1. Fix the installer

A. Download pacifist https://www.charlessoft.com/cgi-bin/pacifist_download.cgi?vers=3.6.2&type=zip install it and after mounting the matlab_R2021b_maci64.dmg go inside the icon InstallForMacOSX.app -> Show package contents -> Contents -> MacOS, open InstallForMacOSX with Pacifist;

B. Drag the InstallForMacOSX root folder to your desktop and rename it to InstallForMacOSX;

C. Overwrite the two files libtbb.dylib and libtbbmalloc.dylib inside Desktop -> InstallForMacOSX -> bin -> maci64 with my two patched revisions attached here;

D. Launch InstallForMacOSX.app inside your extracted desktop InstallForMacOSX folder and install whatever component you want.

2. Fix the actual installed app

A. Go inside your Applications folder -> MATLAB_R2021b.app -> sys -> os -> maci64 and replace the libiomp5.dylib with my patched revision attached here;

B. Again go inside the Application folder -> MATLAB_R2021b.app -> bin -> maci64 and replace libtbb.dylib, libtbbmalloc.dylib, mkl.dylib, blas.spec and lapack.spec too;

Launch MATLAB_R2021b.app and issue the command t=bench to execute a functional test and a benchmark for the most common functions.

Feel free to post your screenshots here for comparison, this is mine after the latest tweaking:

ML.thumb.png.b13ec51c8072e5e62e79fbdcf3f4cc18.png

Notes:

1. The patched libs are the original libs supplied with this particular version of Matlab but patched to only redirect properly the Intel Fastmem / Fastmemcpy routines on AMD Hackintoshes and to mimic a "true" Intel CPU;

2. The new fixes make this function perfectly working, even when A is a 3x3 matrix:

[Q, T] = schur(A);
Thanks for your great job! The matlab can work~~~ Thanks a lot!(y)(y)(y)

wzxshhz123

AMD OS X Member

1. Fix the installer

A. Download pacifist https://www.charlessoft.com/cgi-bin/pacifist_download.cgi?vers=3.6.2&type=zip install it and after mounting the matlab_R2021b_maci64.dmg go inside the icon InstallForMacOSX.app -> Show package contents -> Contents -> MacOS, open InstallForMacOSX with Pacifist;

B. Drag the InstallForMacOSX root folder to your desktop and rename it to InstallForMacOSX;

C. Overwrite the two files libtbb.dylib and libtbbmalloc.dylib inside Desktop -> InstallForMacOSX -> bin -> maci64 with my two patched revisions attached here;

D. Launch InstallForMacOSX.app inside your extracted desktop InstallForMacOSX folder and install whatever component you want.

A. Go inside your Applications folder -> MATLAB_R2021b.app -> sys -> os -> maci64 and replace the libiomp5.dylib with my patched revision attached here;

B. Again go inside the Application folder -> MATLAB_R2021b.app -> bin -> maci64 and replace libtbb.dylib, libtbbmalloc.dylib, mkl.dylib, blas.spec and lapack.spec too;

Launch MATLAB_R2021b.app and issue the command t=bench to execute a functional test and a benchmark for the most common functions.

Feel free to post your screenshots here for comparison, this is mine after the latest tweaking:

Notes:

1. The patched libs are the original libs supplied with this particular version of Matlab but patched to only redirect properly the Intel Fastmem / Fastmemcpy routines on AMD Hackintoshes and to mimic a "true" Intel CPU;

2. The new fixes make this function perfectly working, even when A is a 3x3 matrix:

[Q, T] = schur(A);

Thanks for your impressive work! Here is my score (5950x, 32GB RAM):

Timothy

AMD OS X Member

1. Fix the installer

Notes:

[Q, T] = schur(A);
Thanks for your remarkable job!

Attachments

• Snipaste_2023-09-29_15-11-22.png
    Snipaste_2023-09-29_15-11-22.png
    313.9 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.